Issues with Bricksync

Comments

• Anyone got a Mac update yet?
  • Whilst busy with store, orders etc., which most here will know only too well about, there remains little time to follow up on the matters resulting from Bricksync not being updated, even though it is still a very important part of running both Brickowl & Bricksync stores. Is there no way that collectively we could pay (would probably have to be subscription) someone to do a proper jb on this matter. No doubt this has been raised before but could someone give me the latest episode (or part) please.

If not then is it a matter of keeping an eye on the likes of the colour issues and updating one's inventories accordingly. hmm.... wonder what The LEGO powers that be think of this one :-)
  • Think I'll use my previous comment to start a new discussion. Hopefully with progress in mind. New discussion title - "A New Bricksync for a New Era"
  • That's what I was doing wrong. Next time you are in N CO I owe you a cup of coffee. :)
  • @brickadoon Any chance that you have added the most recent colors? :) I'm getting notifications of four colors not carrying over with the recent modifications.
  • Hi @BigBBricks which colours are they?
  • @brickadoon Glitter Trans-Orange (222), Satin White (228), Satin Trans-Dark Pink (224) and Clikits Lavender (227) but I will have all the satins soon; S T-Black (229), S T-Light Blue (223) and S T-Purple (224) which will make it 7 colors.

I'm assuming I'll be the only one with the Clikits issue but I thought I was the only one with the Trans-Medium Orange issue last time and I wasn't.

I'd like to thank you for your previous work, would store credit work?
  • The following colors have been added to BL since your last updated Bricksync:
    230 Satin Trans-Purple Jul 3, 2020
    229 Satin Trans-Black Jul 1, 2020
    228 Satin White Mar 12, 2020
    227 Clikits Lavender Feb 17, 2020
    226 Trans-Light Bright Green Feb 17, 2020
    225 Dark Nougat Feb 1, 2020
    223 Satin Trans-Light Blue Jan 8, 2020
    224 Satin Trans-Dark Pink Jan 8, 2020
    222 Glitter Trans-Orange Jan 3, 2020
  • @paulvdb just looking at the BrickOwl Colors page - I can't see Satin Trans-Purple, Clikits Lavender & Trans-Light Bright Green, so I'm not sure if I can add these to Bricksync.

How do we add these colors to BrickOwl - are there any parts currently in the catalog that come in these colors?

Rich
  • With Satin Trans-Purple It doesn't look like they have any parts assigned to that yet. We can add that if it is actually a colour, and it shows up in the Lego database in the future.

With the other colours, I'm guessing that they split up some existing colour definitions. If members feel that they should be added to the catalogue, it would be best to create a separate thread with more information about that.
  • @BigBBricks @paulvdb

Based on what Lawrence has said, I've edited the BrickSync.exe and only included the colours that currently exist on BO too. The latest file is here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoL1QA_5SNsvdd8nSx0mQqKik1o?e=KM9yEg

Don't forget to back up your current bricksync.exe first, just in case... :smile:

Let me know how you get on!

Rich
  • Worked like a charm! Thank you @brickadoon! Msg me about that store credit.
  • Satin trans-purple is Lego transparent violet opal, used in the new Friends play cubes: https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6288478

Those have not yet been inventoried on BL, so that's why there are no parts on BL in that color yet.

The other two (clickets lavender and trans-light bright green) were split off from existing colors and mostly used in sets from 2004-2006. Clickets lavender as the name says in Clickets sets for parts that were originally medium violet. Trans-light bright green in some Duplo, Belville and Clickets sets for parts that were originally trans-bright green.
  • I just updated to the new version and my two lots in new colors are now synced.
  • @paulvdb Thank you for the explanation, it looks like we actually had that Opal internally but were not sure whether it was a new colour or not so had left it alone. That has now been created.
  • On the other two colors, BL's Clickits Lavender is Lego's 218 Reddish Lilac and BL's Trans-Light Bright Green is Lego's 227 Transparent Bright Yellowish Green. I got that information from Ryan Howerter's color comparison page http://ryanhowerter.net/colors.php
  • @brickadoon great work, downloaded and running like a charm, thank you! :)
  • Many thanks brickadoon, I was never brave enough to try it until now and it worked like a charm :blush:
  • Can anyone help. I've just updated the latest Bricksync version from the link above as I have some of the colours that will not update, did a blmaster on / off to see if it will sync but now getting an Error - warning Brickowl HTTP Error
    Warning bad reply from server.

I've put the last bricksync file I have been using but getting the same so now I cannot sync my stores. I've had to close my Brickowl store so anyone any ideas of what this could mean would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Stu
  • @pippyblocks Are you able to get the error details of what the reply from Brickowl was?
  • Hi @Lawrence just done another post with screen grab
  • I downloaded and executed the latest exe file from @brickadoon but I still got an error that the application can't start, error 0xc000007b. Of course I placed it into the Bricksync folder after making a backup of the old BrickSync.

What on earth am I doing wrong? Or... why is it working 'like a charm' for others?
    I'm on Win10 v.2004 on a HP Elite desktop i5. I'm rather desperate!

Since BrickSync is very important to get BL inventories into BO, I kindly suggest that @Lawrence steps in, takes control or makes a fix, somehow.
  • Here's the result of the 'old' BrickSync that I'm running with some information blacked out for privacy reasons. HTH
  • Please upload a screenshot of the error. The code given can mean many things. Maybe the rest of the error can shed some light.
  • The error is like I said above (translated from the Dutch): Can't start the application because an error has occurred (0xc000007b).
  • I googled the error message and found this page: https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-error-code-0xc000007b-on-windows-10/
    Then I reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 but to no avail. Visual C++ comes in hundreds of components and I only installed the main one (see Help topic 2977003 on Microsoft). Maybe @brickadoon or someone else knows which version was used when compiling the exe.
  • Could it be that there is some software on the HP blocking it? When I downloaded the new exe Chrome warned me, and also when starting it in Windows I got a message to be carefull.
    Maybe HP has something installed that is blocking it without giving a message about it.
    Go to the properties of the exe, on the bottom it maybe says something about security and a box to unblock security (blokkering opheffen).
  • @Baskrie Thanks. It was not the problem you mentioned but I did find out that I was using a 32 bit version of BrickSync. I replaced it with a fresh download of the 64 bit version from the BrickSync.net page. And then replaced it with the exe from @brickadoon. Worked instantly.
    Welcome coral & other colors! Pfffff.....
  • Glad it worked out :)
  • And once again I'll ask anyone compile a mac version?
  • @brickadoon it looks like you have a massive well deserved fan base with your recent fix for BrickSync color errors. How can we entice you to pick up the baton and champion this abandoned app when fixes are needed? I'm positive we could put together some sort of collective to fund this. I'm not suggesting further development of new features or platforms, only stability and fixes when BrickLink breaks it.
  • That's a +1 from me too, rely heavily on this bit of software.
  • And I would pay for essential fixes and Mac side development.
  • @brickadoon thanks for working on this!!!
  • @brickadoon Seconding BigBBricks comment. I also would be happy to use this as a paid-for service to keep it up to date. (Although I would realistically want a one-off fee as opposed to a subscription)
  • Thank you @brickadoon. That fix worked for me too! Now my Coral lots are on BrickOwl!
  • Hi all,

Being a bricksync user myself and having worked in IT for a long time, I would hate to see both the bricksync code fade away and the efforts of the people here getting lost.

In an attempt to keep bricksync alive, I have created a github repository ( https://github.com/Area128/bricksync ) based on the 1.7.1 release and I would like to invite anyone that has made any changes or fixes, to share them so that we can all have a common "latest version". @brickadoon your colour table would be the perfect first addition! :)

Ant
  • @leopard37 I don't think you will get Mac dev version of this since it is on life support, have you tried running this on a Windows environment within Mac like other Apple sellers can?
  • Does anyone know how to use Bricksync with Linux desktop? I tried with Linux server, but I'm not computer savvy enough to use a terminal for everything. Now I'm trying Linux desktop thinking it would be more like Windows, but I can't even figure out how to get the application to start. Do I still have to use the terminal?
  • BrickSync has no graphical user interface... it only runs from a command line/terminal
  • @leopard37 Try considering setting up a Microsoft Azure virtual computer. I pay about 5 bucks a month for a virtual Windows machine, and it works like a charm with the latest bricksync exe Brickadoon created. Don't have to worry about leaving my mac on all the time, and possible downtime due to power outages / internet issues.
  • Hi everyone,

I've updated the Bricksync.exe file that I uploaded back in July.

Even though I added the new satin/glitter colour numbers that weren't there previously, I forgot to add in the data-matching bit!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoL1QA_5SNsvdd8nSx0mQqKik1o?e=KM9yEg

Don't forget to back up your current bricksync.exe first, just in case... :smile:

Rich
  • @brickadoon
    Thanks for that! But seriously please consider taking on the maintenance of Bricksync on a paid basis, it's something a lot of us depend on and you should be compensated for what you do.

Cheers Graham
  • Hi @brickadoon , could you again supply the updated colortable file, I may compile a new Linux version as well.
    Cheers,
    Dennis
  • An updated colortable would indeed be appreciated!

I just published a new repository on github (https://github.com/Area128/bricksync-docker) with dockerfiles in case anyone is interested in running bricksync in docker, and a very VERY basic UI based on qwertyboy's idea.

It currently builds from my bricksync repository which is just a copy of the latest (1.7.1) source.

Ant
  • Hi @DeichBricks and @antant7 ,

Update colortable.c file is here - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoL1QA_5SNsvdjDhM-opeekdILc?e=1P9mrB

@Graham I'd love to take this project on, but I don't have nearly enough experience of development/programming! It took me several hours of 'playing' to get to the point we're at now!

Rich - Brickadoon
  • Hey @brickadoon thanks for sharing.

But could you check if it works?

I see that the line 74 is missing in that file:

" boColorTable colortable;"
  • Hi @Stellar

Thanks for spotting that! I hadn't noticed it was missing, and the compiler didn't throw up any errors either!

I've updated it and recompiled - both files are available for download again.

Rich