Brickstone Is Open Source So Is It Possible...

2»

Comments

• There is one such program being constructed by a Bricklink user. It looks promising. I have spoke briefly with him and he plans on designing it to work amongst different venues. I haven't seen any updates in a while and I will have to try to figure out who it was but it did look promising.

PP
  • The software is called Architect. I don't see any updates or much discussion since the 1st of January though.

PP
  • Yea been a few of these that have come up and just faded away.
  • maybe to setup up an project with some volunteers and knowledge ?
    i'm able to understand php and can program c, c++,html,css1,2,3 matlab, labview etc etc

are there people up for this ?
  • I have plenty of code to open/manipulate/save .bsx files, interact with both the BL and BO APIs, including parsing the JSON replies and producing BL's OAuth header. It's all C99 with no dependencies except libSSL and pthreads (though my Unix sockets might need some #if stuff to run on Winsock, and so on).

But I have no knowledge whatsoever of GUIs, nor do I have any desire to learn... I know OpenGL in depth (stuff I make in spare time: http://www.rayforce.net/newproject024.png ) and I think it could be nice to use an OpenGL GUI that could run on multiple platforms: desktop, Android, etc. Unfortunately, I'm way too busy with the real day job these days :|
  • thats a pity that you are so busy :( thats also my intention make it available on every platform.
    and in first place automate the whole inventory update thing.Is the code available to work on/improve ?

personally i have no experience with JSON but i can learn it :) just like every other language i have learned.
  • pwpeter, the software is still missing some critical components as the real job has been requiring my undivided attention for the past 5-6 weeks. But I don't mind sharing the code if you want to have a look.

Still, note that the code was absolutely not written to be easy nor user-friendly. There's stuff like non-blocking sockets for multiple connections, HTTP keep-alive and pipelining, power-cut-safe file journaling... It also reuses some code from work (on which I have the copyright) like a NUMA-aware memory manager, no-lock thread-safe hash tables, etc.

It's all C99 and should be portable except for bits of socket code which would need some #if stuff to compile on Windows. Let me know if you are still interested, and make sure to understand that it comes with *no* technical support or documentation :).