Brick Owl app

I think Brick Owl should start a app on iPhones so it is easier for people to buy pieces and to accesses Brick Owl.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It would definitely put brickowl at a huge advantage against the other site.
  • And don't forget us Android users! :D
  • I have a somewhat different view of this. An 'app capability' is certainly a good idea. Actually writing a dedicated app, possibly several (one each for iOS and Android), could be a bit of a climb. A specialized mobile friendly version of the web site, which looks like an app, might be better, as it does not require any downloading, installing, or updating.
  • I have say the brickowl site is already pretty mobile friendly as it is. Unlike the other site.
  • I'm probably one of the few people on planet earth that doesn't have a cell phone (gasp! Truth be told, medical reasons so I rarely leave home - so why pay for a cell phone? <s>), but I have been told that the site's viewports were all coded to auto-scale regardless of screen size, including for mobile phones. Maybe someone can view the site on a cell?
  • @Calibrick OK, I took you up on that. Looking at a random search, and using an older iPhone 5S (which has a smaller screen). It worked as expected, and nothing scrolled off the left or right sides. I did notice a few instances where descriptions had to flow vertically so much that it could have been better. But it did as expected/intended. There was nothing I saw, that could not be solved with tweaking to the CSS.
  • Clearly there is some distinction. I would have thought it quite common for sites to be configurable for viewing on different devices.
  • Nita, you talk my language with CSS! ;-) That might be good to let @Lawrence know about, so tagged him here (some descriptions flowing vertically too much... maybe he needs to check the max viewport size on his mobile style sheet?). Nice to know there are two site versions also, Jay!
  • Or maybe he needs to modify the font size for less scrolling. Hmmm.
This discussion has been closed.