Buy individual bags from sets

Hello.
I bought an incomplete Mack Anthem from Ebay that only included sealed bags 3 and 4. Plus the sticker sheet and instruction book.
Is there a way of buying JUST bags 1 and 2 to let me complete the truck without the trailer? (At least 3 & 4 includes all the important special pieces.... the hood ornament, the Mack badge and silver parts for the grille)

I'm slowly going through the inventory and will be publishing my wishlist a.s.a.p. with all the parts I require after raiding my own spares box. Any shortfall will be another visit to ebay I think.

I only need about 400 black pins for a start off!

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • TBH I don't think that's possible. It's either whole sets or individual parts.
    Even the inventories don't break it down bag by bag - so I think it's doing it the hard way, opening the bags and checking every part against the inventory.
  • I just received a random bag of assorted pins from eBay. That’s another hundred or so black pins and 60 long blue ones to add to my spares box.
    Awaiting a bag of lift arms to see what I can use from that.
    The Mack better be worth all the pin counting, lol
  • Plan B. After careful coordination of my parts box against wish list, the parts I need to complete this model still comes in at over £100.
    Plan today is to reduce the wish list to just completing the truck without trailer.

Shame
  • If I have bits on the wish list (i did part out one of these a few weeks back) send me a message as I can do you a deal on an order with a % off
  • Thanks. I’ll have a look at your store and see what I can get.
  • HA! Just my luck. Local facebook selling group has a complete Mack for £70. Looks like just a bit of display dust on it. Picking it up on Friday :)
  • Question remains as to what to do with quarter of a Mack?
  • > @cglittle said:
    > Question remains as to what to do with quarter of a Mack?

Put it on Ebay ;)
  • Well, I picked up the Mack this morning. There's a few missing pieces, but nothing drastic. Replaced some wrong colour parts with what I had in spares... Its missing one of the mudgaurds at the back... the one with the sticker, unfortunately.
    Sorted the sticky steering. The bushes were put on back to front, which is an age old problem from way back in the day.

Now, a question about the trailer. I've not looked at the instructions to see if its been built correctly yet, but when the container part is sitting on the trailer, it just slides about. Should there be a pin in place to stop this?

Also with the crane parts for loading and unloading, the cranes lean in toward the container. Its maybe just with age and usage. I'm thinking of introducing a spacer made from axles and couplings to keep the 2 cranes at the right distance.

My plan is to still complete the truck part of the one I already have, and maybe sell it on Ebay.
    Otherwise build the Model B garbage truck, and have the separate truck both on display