How do i change shipping price according to country

I cannot seem to change my shipping price according to country. I am from the uk and i ship only in Europe but it’s obviously going to be more expensive shipping to another countries than in the uk. I don’t want to charge Just £1.50 to go to Somewhere like Italy or France, because it is going to be more than £1.50 which is my shipping price for the uk

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You create a new shipping entry for each country and each shipping method (e.g., air, expedited); toward the end of the shipping method creation screen is where you select the region and country the weights and rates you input apply to. It's a PITA to set up initially, but then a breeze to update when prices go up forever more! :-)
  • Pop into your local Post Office (assuming you use Royal Mail to ship) and ask for the latest postage rate leaflet. This is usually updated around March of every year and gives you prices for shipping to Europe and the rest of the world, along with dimension and weight information. As @Calibrick mentioned, it can be a faff to set up initially so give yourself plenty of time to get your head round it. You might find you then want to ship elsewhere; I initially thought to only do within the UK, but decided that might restrict potential customers elsewhere. I don't get many overseas orders (and obviously at the moment it's a massive drag where things are taking six times as long to get places), but I've found it can be worthwhile.
  • Also, I'm pretty sure there are sellers in UK that share their already setup shipping methods - if you look at the shared shipping methods button in your setup, you may be able to leverage the hard work of others, and just tweak those (e.g., price, weight) to your needs. That makes life a LOT easier! :-)