No progress on order

Hello I am a pretty new buyer and I can't seem to find any info on what you are supposed to do if you buy something and they take your money and your order just sits in payment received status and stonewalls you.. It's been 10 days now is there a time period when something will trigger automatically? Do I need to try to claw back the money myself at some point? Is there a period when it becomes too late from brickowl's standpoint or are they completely hands off and don't even want a report when this happens?

I just noticed this now and sent them a message a few hours ago so I'm certainly not going to do any chargeback right away or anything and I'm not really overly concerned about a bit of delay getting the stuff shipped I just couldn't find any sort of info about what to do if this happens and don't want to be left with no recourse if they aren't going to send the product

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • 10 days is definitely not normal :( You did the right thing though to contact the seller first. It could be for some reason they forgot to update the order to shipped (although, seems unusual). Do they appear to be a new seller with little to no feedback? The only thing that triggers automatically is they get this kind of warning that pops up once it exceeds their despatch time, but other than that, nothing else happens.

If you don't hear anything back in even 2 days, I'd open an issue on BrickOwl to escalate it. I've never opened one myself, but I assume there's a drop down action on your order that you can open an issue from. And if there's still no response, start the PayPal claim. It's not a normal situation to run into with any seller. I'm really sorry that this happened to you with one of your first purchases on BrickOwl :(
  • Thanks. I got a reply back and it sounds like everything is fine just a bit of holdup. I couldn't find any way to escalate or raise an issue about an order to brickowl though, thats what I was trying to figure out. The only thing I could see to do if things go south is charge back from PayPal or credit card and the brickowl email

Thanks also for a great transaction. My rag tag old fishing store is coming together!
  • And thank-you as well! :smile: Oh and I think I found where you go. So when you click on the order in your orders list, it brings up your order itself. And in the top right click the drop down 'More Actions' and select 'Report an Issue' as shown in the attached pic. Your list will look different as this is the seller's viewpoint, but it should have some other options including reporting an issue.
  • So it does, thanks very much, I completely missed that.
  • @crade, 10 days is a very long dispatch time, but I'm so, so glad you heard back and that things are moving forward!