Help me figure out if this weapon is actually Lego - photo provided

This is my last mystery to solve, I think... This tiny gun came in a bulk lot of Lego that had a few random non-Lego bricks and other plastic thingies mixed in. The handle fits perfectly in my minifigs' hands, but there are no marks on it other than a number 4 that doesn't look like the typical font used by Lego to mark their pieces. In addition, I haven't been able to find it by searching for 'weapon' or 'gun' either here or on BrickLink. I am not, at this time, even certain if it is in fact a Lego piece. Perhaps it came with an action figure made by another toy company. But, on the chance that you do recognize it, please let me know if it's Lego! Thank you!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could be a Brickarms product or a really nice clone brand. LEGO doesn't make realistic weapons like these; the closest they come are the Star Wars blaster rifles and Batman guns.
  • Thanks @Oldfan! I just checked out Brickarms and it's not there, but I agree that the level of detail on this piece looks very high compared to actual Lego brand minifig guns.