Incomplete Orders

What to do when you get e.g. and order for 10 pcs and you only got 9 left in inventory?

I usually apologize to the buyer and don't collect the difference in amount (off course) but is there any way to adjust the customers' order? I feel now that Brickowl considers the complete order as shipped si I have to pay commission to them for unsend items.

This week I've had this problem for the very first time (added a few 3L bar als 4L bar - must have been late when I did that). The difference was only for a penny and a sausage but still I was wondering if and how I could take care of this. I know how to cancel an (unpaid) order but not how to adjust a line or anything.

Thanks for the input.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can use the refund process to automate the refund for 1 item, etc. which will update the invoice you can include with the order - both available under 'more actions' on every order screen.
  • First and foremost I'd communicate with your buyer. He/she might have needed specifically 10 pieces and chose your store for that reason. Now when receiving just 9, the 0.01 cent refund won't help him/her at all ordering that last piece elsewhere. He'll be out twice the shipping costs now.

Work with your buyer, ask if you should cancel the order alltogether, if you can source (at your expense) the missing part elsewhere), if you need to refund the piece + shipping costs, or maybe he is okay with just the costs of the missing part.

I've always had extremely positive responses, and 50% of the time they say "don't worry about it, just refund the missing part". The other 50% of the time I have to make it right.