Non paying customer

Hi all,

My store is just over a month old now and last week I received my first order that has not been paid yet.

I have messaged the customer twice but have heard nothing back. The customer already shows 2 non payments. I was wondering what is the correct process to deal with such a situation? I suppose report an issue on the order? When should I cancel the order and return the items to my store? How long do/would you wait before taking action?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would file an issue report with BO for this if they already show two nonpayments and you've emailed them already - its could be a kid messing around or (hope not) the buyer is in a situation where they can't get to a computer suddenly and unexpectedly (e.g., ill).
  • Out of curiosity, I just checked again and said customer is up to 5 non-payments (including mine) with one new feedback.
  • what was the method of payment - maybe they believe they have paid but didn't complete the transaction
  • edited June 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    In my case, it was IBAN but I doubt that they thought they had paid for the order. I would have expected at least a reply saying that to any of my messages but I never heard anything back from them, not even after reporting the problem and cancelling the order.

For me, the particular issue is closed but I would certainly welcome a feature that would let sellers only allow instant payments for people with non-stellar records like this customer (9 feedbacks vs 5 non-payments).
  • yeah kinda hard to think that you've paid via IBAN and do it wrong. that would be a good feature.
  • @Lawrence
    What is the BO policy on non paying buyers?
    Is there a point where an account gets disabled?
    Be it for not paying, or other issues that get reported?
  • @BasKrie We do take action on a case-by-case basis, and we will look again at this particular customer