Shop at BrickLink

I am taking business to BrickLink. I placed an order at one of these stores almost 3 weeks ago and never got it. I asked Brick Owl and got an excuse and same for the specific store, a different excuse each time. I would think about it before shopping on BrickOwl

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • 10,000s of successful orders... your experience is not common but regrettable nonetheless. Notwithstanding the reasons given by the store in question and BO, it's pretty much accepted that the mail system is not working as usual anywhere in the world right now. Even presuming that all sorting offices are open and that they're still servicing all routes, many will be operating far from capacity due to staff absences and the increased volumes because more people are staying home and shopping online.

Three weeks does seem a long time for a domestic order in normal times but not, right now, unusual.
  • Your order not arriving is not BrickOwl's fault, and it's likely not the fault of the store you purchased from. Neither has control of the postal system. And like Hoddie suggests, given the present circumstances it is understandable there will be an increase in lost packages. I have waited almost 3 weeks for purchases to arrive and my buyers have, very kindly, done the same when buying from me. Luckily most have turned up with only two non arrivals.

But I am still happy to buy & sell on all available marketplaces. Moving to BrickLink will not guarantee the same thing doesn't happen to you again. My advice is to maintain polite communication with the seller and if after a time that proves unsuccessful then you always have PayPal to fall back on and help you get a refund. The seller can also claim their losses back from the postal company.

Please do not think less of BrickOwl for a missing parcel. This is a wonderful place to buy & sell with many honest, passionate & friendly sellers who do their best. And just like everywhere else there will also be times when things don't always go to plan.

Remember the good and don't let the bad get to you 👍
    We are in a global pandemic and we're talking about 3 weeks? Come on, let's be reasonable... I've shipped several orders that had EIGHT weeks delay or more. Please show a little bit of understanding under the current conditions.
    Another platform is definitely not going to make any difference... and all because of a single order at a single seller..
  • That's just dumb... You think mail will go faster for a Bricklink sellers then BO sellers...? Here's a hint...no...
  • @donangel01, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the postal service or a store. As a US seller with thousands of orders under my belt, I can say with confidence that 99.999% of the stores here are AWESOME hard-working folk! Without more information, it's hard to say with the issue is, of course.

Brickowl and Bricklink are exactly the same in that they offer a platform for sellers to work from ala eBay stores or even Amazon. In fact, many BO sellers also sell on BL and sync their inventories.

I would respectfully say that any issue you are regrettably having has nothing to do with Brickowl, but rather with an individual seller or the United States Postal Service. If you have tried to resolve the issue directly with the seller, then I respectfully recommend you file an issue report here on BO and failing that, you can file using your PayPal buyer protections (if that is how you paid).

After thousands of orders, I've had two items lost in post (both pre-COVID) - one was never found, the other magically appeared two days after I filed a tracker with the USPS.

If you are in fact overseas and not in the US, well the rules are out the window - honestly, USPS and other nation's postal services are at as much as two months right now due to COVID. There simply are far, far fewer flights going between nations right now, so things are going on cargo ships or simply waiting for a plane. :-)

I would urge you to reconsider your view, though, respectfully. Any concern you have with a seller here you will run into also at some point at BL - but here, you have a major advantage in a very responsive administrative team. :-)