Do lot numbers change?

Recently, I had to delete my entire inventory and re-upload it with BSX (import/update) because I had duplicate and stray lots all over the place and they were selling and I did not have that many parts (luckily have plenty extras uninventoried)

For the last 2 weeks since I did this re-upload everything has been perfect. My lots match the other site.
I just did an upload (and waited 10min to index) and now I have a mysterious extra lot of something over here that is not matching up.

I am asking if anyone else notices this and if BL lot numbers change periodically which would make it difficult to keep both sites updated.

Chris

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • No, they don't change. Perhaps you had a lot that was not marked "retain after sold" and it was deleted on BL. When you resync, it will stay open as an orphan lot on BO because there is no lot info to adjust it to zero and place it in stockroom.

You could probably download the BO inventory to Excel and do a vlookup function to find any orphan lots on BO. You'd have to delete them manually as there is no API yet for delete item. In fact, that's a good idea - I'm going to try that on my inventory now.
  • hmmm. I have it in my other stores settings to retain everything in my store.

Also, I sync after every sale or two. My last couple sales the orders did not buy me out of any lots, therefore it would not be a retain issue, just an update to the quantities in the lots.

Also, when i get a sale here, I go "over there" and manually update everything. I just double checked my recent orders here VS there and everything got updated correctly.

Since I seem to be the only one so far and Lot numbers don't change, it must be operator error, just frustrating!