Importing inventory with negative quantity

Doing a regular stock check and seems it's no longer possible to import a .bsx file with negative quantities - all such rows are ignored.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could you let me know how you are doing that and how you would expect it to function? Thank you
  • I think importing with negative quantity is to subtract items from the inventory.
  • @Stellar, indeed.

I was importing with (Merge new items) here:
    https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/inventory/import

When I do a stock check I create a BSX file with all the items supposedly in the locations I'm checking, all with a quantity of 0. I then add or subtract to ensure my online inventory matches my actual inventory. Had to make a bunch of changes today which is unusual but I haven't checked these particular locations in a couple of years (always forget), and I'm sure I just imported the file the way I always have before.
  • I have a workaround, buy from your store and cancel the order, it’s really handy especially when stores are synced
  • Did you do it with the merge options or the import/update?
  • @Graham that workaround only works for just subtract items, if you wan to update some part of your inventory by adding there and removing here the merge tool is helpful.
  • edited June 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Hoddie So to clarify, you upload a BSX File, using "Brickstore .BSX file Merge new Items", and some of those items have a negative quantity, such as -2? And you would like for the system to treat that as a relative quantity, and adjust the quantity in the system? So setting 8 to 6 rather than 8 to -2? What happens at the moment, do you receive a warning/error or are they just silently ignored?
  • Assuming all of that is correct, I've removed the check which throws a warning for quantity < 0 where the upload type is merge, and the quantity merge type is adding the quantity from the file to the existing quantity.
  • Yes exactly that, 8 becomes 6 if the row in the BSX file has a quantity of -2. It said x rows with problems were ignored.