Unexpected error pages

I just wanted to post a quick message as some users may see the very occasional unexpected error warning over the past few days.

We've been making some big changes to how our code is structured to improve performance recently. When uploading the updated code, it can take a few seconds for all of the files to update, so users may occasionally see an error during this time, or if anything unexpected occurs. We can see these in our logs and ensure everything gets dealt with.

I apologise for the inconvenience this causes, fortunately this process is almost complete.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Explaining what errors are coming from before anyone asks about it. The bar just got raised again. Thanks for the update and keeping us informed Lawrence.

Tyson.
  • Hi @Lawrence - would that include this message? I appear to have a 'phantom' order and all outstanding orders have disappeared, this what I get when I click on the 'Orders Received' page.

Access denied

Warning message

You have shipping methods set up to ship to more countries than your payment methods allow. Edit your payment methods to apply to more countries otherwise customers won't be able to checkout.

You are not authorized to access this page.
  • For the benefit of others reading, we've reached out to cswingrove to resolve the issue
  • What @leopard37 said - PROACTIVELY letting us know what is up and why is what makes @Lawrence such an exemplary admin and BO the place to be!!! :-)
  • Just following up to add my praise for @Lawrence and the way he communicates and handles issues - absolutely brilliant.