Shipping Quote Broken

I have a customer in Belgium who used the "Estimate Shipping and Tax" option in the shopping cart, and instead of requesting a quote, it showed him 0.00. I checked my shipping methods and it should be forcing a quote. Even if I had Belgium mistakenly selected for domestic shipping, it still shouldn't show up as free.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited December 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It's all good and normal.

If they attempt to checkout step three tells the buyer to request a quote before they can continue.

Like saying; so far with request a quote the shipping is 0.00 once you ask for a quote, and it is given, the cost for that specific shipping method will show under request a quote and you can finish checkout.

If you had more than one shipping method available it would just be one of the options, always with a 0 total until something is entered.

Joe

• That's not what I'm seeing if I go to a store with shipping quotes. If I go to my cart, under ESTIMATE SHIPPING AND TAX, it just says has Request a Quote. Nowhere do I see anything like "Shipping: $0.00", which is what my customer is reporting.
  • When I check my cart in your store I only see "Request a Quote" ... so seems to work fine?
  • They are probably referring to the totals on the right hand side of the screen that shows the shipping as zero. I have now changed it so that if they choose the request a quote shipping method, and they do not yet have a quote, this will show N/A instead.
  • HI Lawrence
    I have a customer that can not seem to finish his order. He says that every time he tries to check out it just says request a quote. I have sent him a quote and it still says the same thing. His order is well within the weight bands I have set up for Priority Mail so not sure what is going on.
    James
  • edited December 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I think we figured it out. :)