How to find stickered parts?

I am after some advice. I have many stickered parts which I cannot find on catalogue. I have done the usual find the part then looked through the stickered but no luck. I do not know which set they are from.Can anyone offer advice on how to go about finding them please?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's possible that either, 1) the stickered parts have not been added to the catalog yet, or 2) the stickered parts exist in the catalog, but they are only generically described and have no pictures. I usually end up emailing Lawrence and asking if a particular part is in the catalog yet (I usually provide an "alternate" ID... from another "catalog" site...when I'm asking), that helps determine which is the case for your particular part.

The worst thing you can do, from a buyer's perspective, is simply toss the stickered parts in with your non-stickered ones and sell them to an unsuspecting buyer who didn't want that particular Friends stickered part when he's trying to collect pieces for a classic space MOC...
  • You could always remove the sticker and sell the generic piece. I've found the market for plain pieces much higher than the sticker from only 1 set.
  • @leopard37 - yes I have done that in the past, but it seems a pity to do that with these items as the stickers are in a good condition.
  • Also be aware that sometimes the sticker is put on the wrong part or wrong coloured part. This can cause confusion and has led to much scratching of head! I have a bag of problem parts where I toss any such unidentified part. When I'm feeling brave and have the time I will then sit and trawl BL to see if it exists there and whether I can cross reference here.
  • @oldfan yes i can see that - but I am always careful not to mix them. I have found some set numbers which they could be in so will plough my way through them and hope they turn up.
  • @WESTIEKATH We spent a lot of time going through the "Stickers" part of the catalogue and were able to identify so many of those orphaned parts accumulated just by becoming familiar with sticker sheets that have a catalogue picture. In cases where there isn't a picture but suspected it was- Racers, Friends, Elves- we then looked at those set numbers, and determined if a stickered part indeed was part of that set.
    In some cases have decided that the part may be more in demand if the sticker is removed...
    :)
  • I've spent a LOT of time on this too... if I could not find it by scanning images/names of the item from the "stickered" tab of the plain part, what I tended to do was find it on another site so I could figure out what set it came from, then look at that set's inventory. If not finding it either way, I'd email the other catalog's ID to the admin and ask if it's in the system... the stickered part list is definitely getting more robust over the past two years, which is great, but that doesn't mean every one ever is in here yet. :-)
  • Thank you all for your comments think these parts will be put away for a rainy day :D