What About Italy?

I have a buyer in Italy asking about an order shipped on 11/29. I've heard some nightmare stories about Italian post and customs. How long should I give this one before taking action?

I'm tired of giving refunds lately.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Italian post have a notorious reputation.

Having said that I have not had problems sending there. You should give at least 60 days (if you can string out the PP claim) - they are slooowww to process thru customs!

Do you have tracking on it? You should have that included if you used clik and ship.

2 weeks is pretty much the quickest for anything sent international, for me it takes 7 days for anything to leave Miami alone!

Graham
  • Florence is beautiful, you should visit sometime.

Yeah, don't post anything to Italy. Some customs officials apparently still believe that plastic toys not manufactured in Italy are not allowed through customs. Hasn't been the case for decades but that doesn't matter.

Good luck

Brian
  • Even I do have troubles sending letters to Italy and I ship within Europe. Sometimes it takes over 4 weeks to be delivered.

It has happened now 3 times of the 10 parcels posted to Italy that it took very long for delivery. But after all, all shipments did arrive at my customer.

Frank
  • Yes, same here: delivery up to 4 weeks within Europe. Parcels with tracking were delivered very quick;y though.
  • I can concur tracking helps. We used to have a lot of trouble, now we only ship with expensive tracking, no issues anymore.
  • I was under the impression that the USPS customs form ID was the same as the tracking number. Is that not the case?
  • For some countries it can be used as one. For most other countries it'll track until N.Y. or L.A. But it is not an official tracking number.