I'm getting sick of orders shipped to the UK

RANT

In the past month I received an alarming number of complaints from buyers in the UK:
- where is my package?
- why does it take so long?
- my package was severely damaged, can you send replacement?

What's going on here? Is it just bad luck? I can't believe the latter: I ship to dozens of countries in the EU and the only complaints I received so far were from buyers in the UK. I have many buyers in Italy (often considered as a problem country to ship to) but all my packages arrive safely and in time - even to the most Corona effected areas in Umbria. Same for France and Germany.

Each time when I receive a complaint from someone in the UK, I explain that because of Corona bla bla, I can't help, sorry please be patient.

TL;DR
from all orders I ship abroad I only receive complaints from the UK.
I have no complaints from orders sent to France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden.... and so on.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The Royal mail is experiencing very high demands around 50% higher than normal it can be frustrating as I post in the UK to the UK its totally hit and miss some get delivered next day others 10 or more days late - I just ask every one to be patient and think of the hard works girls and guys are doing in the postal service trying to deliver these items in very difficult times - Stay Safe Mark
  • Surely, the Corona crisis is bad for all of us.
    We all are suffering from it and are looking forward to a date in the future when we can finally go wherever we want, enjoy life & have a drink in a pub or restaurant.
    Nevertheless my point is that I only receive complaints from the UK.

@Lawrence Maybe a general message displayed on all store pages can help? "Due to the COVID-19 crisis delivery times are uncertain."
  • Perhaps don't bother sending to the UK
  • @Leftoverbricks Maybe its just bad luck??? I am having complaints from USA. Im in GB and finding some of my orders are taking longer than usual but myself i am grateful to all Postal workers for carrying on with their hard work during this awful time. If customers arent willing to bear in mind that orders can take longer then perhaps they should consider paying for tracking or not order until all this is over, but I have to say so far I have had no problems from my British customers - they have been very patient both with myself (I am a key worker so orders are sometimes taking longer to process) and the PO. Maybe you should consider not sending to GB for the time being.
  • I've had a much larger number of orders across both sites recently (UK to UK), and I've also had people complaining about orders not showing up when they wanted them to. One would think they'd have some idea of what's been happening.
  • I am not sure how many buyers comment on this forum but for me, as a new buyer myself, I have had a few deliveries coming a little later that I would normally expect. But these times aren't "NORMAL". I would personally like to thank the sellers I have bought from recently, for their efforts, and beyond that, I appreciate it must be a little frustrating to lose that control, once the package is out of your hands. So keep up the good work from your end and stay safe.
  • Awww, what a nice message from @kevinm1960! I know for me in the US, he certainly expresses my sentiment when I buy from my peers... these are far from normal times and our postal services regularly place themselves at risk daily. We are all fortunate that we can all continue to buy and sell LEGO and receive shipments these past months! :-)