Synchronisation Tool (BrickOwl / BrickLink)

Product Features 💪

* Keeping your BrickOwl and BrickLink inventories synchronised
* Orders monitored 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* Audit Log (every single order, inventory change, import is tracked)
* Revert any change in your Audit Log with a single click!
* Import from BrickStock (even to BrickOwl store)
* Automated Invoicing (in beta)

Pricing 💳

After the closed testing it became clear that the quantity of items in your store makes little difference compared to the amount of lots you have. So for this reason the pricing plans are based on lot count.

* Less than 1,500 lots - £4.99 a month
* 1,500 - 7,541 lots - £9.99 a month
* Unlimited lots - £19.99 a month

The middle tier was going to be 7,500 lots but I liked the opportunity to use 7,541 🤓 and without giving the obvious away, if LEGO manage to raise this I will too 👍

No longer term payment plans will be introduced until after BrickLink XP settles.

> I have also set up a referral system, and if you introduce a paying user you both get a month free 👀

🎉 Registration is finally open 🎉

Register your interest in the service and join the queue.

The queue is currently in place to make sure that the service does not degrade for existing users. Once everything is running smoothly this restriction will be removed.

Steven
Brick Freedom

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nice! Do you have a demo interface or user we can click around and see some sample data without being able to edit anything?
  • @Stellar that’s a great idea 💡

A video will be coming out soon covering everything. 👍
  • I would be sold should it have the "sort" feature from bricksync. Though 20 pounds a month is a little expensive for my taste.
  • @Brikomania agreed. 20 pounds per month is a bit steep for a product that hasn't been tested under heavy loads. There would be no way my inventory would stay in sync if it only compared every hour as the developer stated previously. Testing 100 orders over a two week period isn't close to a heavy load, maybe if it had been tested at 100 orders per day.

I'm interested @BrickFreedom but the price is too steep as I still have a tool that works perfectly and I know someone will support it if it breaks for at least the next year. If you go back to having a yearly rate, let me know but anything over 100 pounds per year seems a tad expensive seeing that there are other free or previously monetarily supported solutions available.

Also, having the master in the cloud would be a no go for me. If the master was local and a copy was kept online it would be much more palatable. Maybe as an option for users, knowing that they would be using more bandwidth.

Lastly, when will the compatibility be increasing? As a parts store, 76% matched seems a bit low. I pride myself on making sure I have weird and unique parts in stock and I already have the issue of hundreds of lots not being available here on BO due to the catalog not being as robust.

Not trying to beat you or the new product up, I am interested, very interested. I would need to know this was used successfully in a high paced store, 50+ orders daily, first as well as the concerns above. I've been following this thread and the previous for the past few months and like what I see, I just don't want to be the first large store using it and finding all the bugs. :)
  • @BrickFreedom

The biggest no go for me is no local copy, I already am not too keen on not “owning” my stores (on my own website), seems it’s always in a “what may happen” uncertain situation, especially now with LEGO owning BL.
    I depend on having both venues to make this worthwhile. Then having my inventory on another website, would add more volatility. Maybe I should trust more!

On pricing, what happens with a sets only store? they could have less than 1000 lots with a turnover of $100k+++ My store works on variety (#lots) not even $70k turnover.
  • I echo what BigBBricks has said, I like the look of the product, but have concerns about my lack of ownership of the master inventory.

Also have you contacted Bricklink regarding the API use? I'm pretty sure using charging to use their API is against the terms of service. I'd be annoyed at switching to a paid service, however feature rich if it gets shut down in a couple of months and I have to set everything back up again.
  • @Graham , I don't think the price should be based on revenues. That doesn't really make sense. A physical store up for rent is going to cost the same for someone who makes $10,000 or $1,000,000. If someone with 500 lots is using the program the same amount as someone with 10,000 lots, then I feel it should cost the same to both. They're both buying the same thing; why should it cost more for one person than another? Unless a higher lot store is costing more on @BrickFreedom 's side (not exactly sure how a program like this works); then yes, I can see why someone with higher lots should pay a little more.

But I agree with the others. The highest price seems a bit...high.
  • @firestar246 because someone making £100 a month is going to be charged the same as someone making £1500 a month. Asking someone for 10% of their sales is probably not a big incentive.
  • 20 pounds seems okay to me. I was donating that much a month to bricksync when it was being supported and was worth it to me. I have zero coding or computer savvy so I have to rely on these sync tools to make it work and with bricksync not being supported it is imperative for me to find a replacement before something goes BOOM and there does not seem to be row after row of choices. If he can work out the API issue I think I would make the switch. Would definitely like to have a video or some kind of way to poke around in the gui to make sure it is what I am hoping it is.
    Jim
  • *BrickOwl Update*

I would like to just point out that I am not currently processing anyone sitting in the queue. The queue will start processing again when I have applied the following changes.

Moving forward all of the following features will be available for FREE with your First store integration.

* Synchronise Orders with BrickFreedom
    * Synchronise Inventory with BrickFreedom
    * Audit Log (all changes tracked)
    * Importing from BrickStock
    * Daily Inventory Backups

In addition the menu will have some previous services that were hidden away.
    * Microblog
    * Personal Collection
    * Hauls Log

All new services will become available for free with your First integration. I would also like to make it very clear that you’re under no obligation to add a Second store integration.

I am working on the final changes this weekend and will drop an update hopefully by the end of Monday.

——————

Now I will get on with responding to some of the questions asked.

@Brikomania

> I would be sold should it have the "sort" feature from bricksync. Though 20 pounds a month is a little expensive for my taste.

The import feature already allows importing from Brick Stock. It would require little change to replicate the sort command.

This feature is available Free with your First store integration.

@BigBBricks

> Lastly, when will the compatibility be increasing? As a parts store, 76% matched seems a bit low. I pride myself on making sure I have weird and unique parts in stock and I already have the issue of hundreds of lots not being available here on BO due to the catalog not being as robust.

Don’t worry this will improve over time. Any new matches made automatically get updated.

@Graham

> The biggest no go for me is no local copy, I already am not too keen on not “owning” my stores (on my own website), seems it’s always in a “what may happen” uncertain situation, especially now with LEGO owning BL.
    I depend on having both venues to make this worthwhile. Then having my inventory on another website, would add more volatility. Maybe I should trust more!

🤞with the changes I am making over the weekend, I am testing a Backup feature that allows you to get a copy of your Inventory sent directly to your E-Mail Address every night (well my night).

This feature is available Free with your First store integration.

@Graham @firestar246

> On pricing, what happens with a sets only store? they could have less than 1000 lots with a turnover of $100k+++ My store works on variety (#lots) not even $70k turnover.

Will look into pricing as we move forward. The intention long term is that the software cost will be negligible to what you get in return. Also the Plan pricing is based on lots and number of integrations. Although we only have 2 available currently.

Plus let’s not forget, if you have a single store then you can benefit from most of these great features with any number of lots for Free.

@White Horse Bricks

☝️☝️☝️

Yes

Have a great weekend everyone.

Steve
    Brick Freedom
  • @BrickFreedom, thanks for the update but to the issue of where the data is stored, client or server side, I believe this is a no-go for almost everyone because it is based server side. We are asking that it be client side because a backup copy of my store inventory isn't quite the same.

Still interested, just not willing to give up control and ownership of my own data.
  • @BigBBricks It would be impossible for my system to work with client side storage and building such an application adds so many layers of complexity of support that I can never see this being a viable option for BrickFreedom.

Thanks for your feedback and interest though, maybe in the future I could tempt you to take a chance with new (unmissable) features 😉
  • @BrickFreedom I understand that it would be more difficult but if you are looking to roll this out as a replacement for BrickSync, you may want to hear what the majority of users that have responded to this have mentioned, we don't trust server side.

I really do want to try your product but the fact that you could take over my accounts via your application and if it were to ever be hacked, we would all be at risk, I'll have to pass at this time. In the future, if there is time, please look into a solution that keeps my keys on my system and ensures that I am the master of my own data and you'd have a product I'd be more than happy to try and advertise.
  • @BigBBricks

>the fact that you could take over my accounts via your application and if it were to ever be hacked, we would all be at risk

That's the reason you should always create new API key for any services you join.

If I did get hacked you would be advised instantly to remove the API key and check your inventory. Hence the reason I have built the backup that you get daily, it gives you the security that you can remove the key and fix your inventory with little effort.

In fact by Law I would have no choice but to inform you (and rightly so) and every person on the site it happened. I would also need to inform the ICO.

> You must do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach, where feasible.

In addition with regards to privacy. It takes 2 clicks to get all of your data removed from Brick Freedom, the only thing that does not get removed is any suggestions you have made for matches between store integrations.

I am just trying to highlight that Security and Privacy is a concern for me as much as you.