Minifig headgear a loose fit

Hello,

Any suggestions what to do if minifig headgear is a loose fit please? I guess either swapping the head or headgear, but this isn't always possible, and would rather not glue into place.

Cheers!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I assume you mean for your own collection rather than parts you are selling?

A couple of things to try are a *tiny* drop of clear lacquer or nail varnish on the side of the head near the top. Or, more fiddly, but removable, a really small strip of paper between the head and the hat to pad it out slightly.

I know this was always an issue with the headgear on the vikings range, and has certainly affected other figs I have.
  • Yes, our own minifigures rather than ones for sale. Thanks for the suggestion. Would the nail varnish not essentially 'glue' the head gear into place? The small bit of paper is a good suggestion too, and may be worth a try. Thanks again!
  • Ah, no, I get it. A tiny, pinprick of nail varnish woul be allowed to dry before using the headgear!!!
  • Yes, you are basically making a slight dot on the side of the head to decrease the gap between the head and the hat.

I've done the same thing on hips for old figs with floppy legs.
  • What a clever idea, @White Horse Bricks, I'll try that too (I've run into the same problem for my own personal items).