Help request

edited December 2013 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
I was uploading a file of parts in BSX, server returned an error 524.

I did not get confirmation - however the problem now is that my inventory has grown by 1350 parts, but the file contained 1546 parts, is there a way to find out which lots did not make it?

What I need to know is how BrickOwl processes a BSX file ie. what order? - first part/lot to last - that way I can view the BSX file in that order and count up to 1350

What makes it more difficult is an order came in at the same time - is that what caused the server problem?

Thank You

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It does it in the order they are found in the file, that error is a timeout, I deffinitely need to resolve that. I would still expect it to have processed the entire file though and not stopped half way, did it deffinitely not do all the file?
  • OK here's the rundown.

I always open my store front in another window before uploading, to keep an eye out.
    After the timeout the part total increased by 1350, the file had 1546.

Now the strange thing is when I refreshed the page with "store front" to get the new total I had the confirmation appear in store front view (174 lots updated, 22 lots added) this number is correct as there were 196 lots, the difference in the part number count is 196 THAT is a strange coincidence!

So any ideas on how to check and correct?

Thanks
  • The confirmation indicates it ran successfully without stopping part way, which is a relief. I can't answer why the part count doesn't match what you would expect though. You can sort your inventory by updated to see if particular lots don't match what you would expect.
  • Thank you Lawrence, and wow impressive you can actually check on an individual upload!

I'd started going thru the BSX file and couldnt find any anomalies ie picked a few lots at random and manually checked and found part count correct. So all good :)

Didn't know about the sort by updated either thats a handy one too...

Out of curiosity - is it something that can't break half way thru? ie if the connection is interrupted for whatever reason it would either upload correctly or fail completely?

Thanks again!

Graham
  • If you close your browser or put an axe through your computer for example, it won't matter, the file is uploaded in one step, and then processed in the next so it will complete unless there is a very serious site error.
  • I think it's the indexes getting a little wonky when you upload a bsx create/update. If you use a bsx file with a subset of your inventory then everything not in the file disappears from visibility. It's still there in the database, just the index is missing.
  • If you close your browser or put an axe through your computer for example, it won't matter, the file is uploaded in one step, and then processed in the next so it will complete unless there is a very serious site error.
    LoL and thanks that is reassuring as we have possibly the worst internet connection in the world - I think I've mentioned before - we struggle getting 1/2meg connection (which comes down the electric power lines!)

@Jason I use the "merge" function, and also what is meant by "index missing"? and is this something that sorts itself out?
    As Ive double checked and everything tallies up.

Thanks! Graham