MAJOR PROBLEM with BrickSync

All of a sudden BrickSync can't seem to connect to BL's Orders List server...

Now my BrickSync is stuck in "blmaster on" mode, and will not turn off.
What do I do ???

Comments

• 47 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It appears that BL changed the IP address again. Just "quit" and restart "./bricksync" and it will be fine.
  • THANK GOD !!!
    Thank you
  • Thanks for the quick fix @DadsAfol!
  • There was a TV comedy in U.K. a few years back.
    The IT guy’s tag line was : -
    “Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again”

Works about 90% in the real world
  • @Graham funny you should mention that, this is in my hallway
  • @lawrence we used to have one that said 'no place like 127.0.0.1'

I had a similar issue with Bricksync last week. Couldn't get it to run for 2 days. Eventually worked out that our new Virgin media router had a different IP address allocated and out Bricklink key was no longer valid. Easy to sort, but turned the air blue for a bit while figuring it out. I was blaming Bricklink XP for corrupting the API :D
  • Lolol, I need to make one of those “Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again” framed pics for my husband (he works IT help desk <s>).
  • The IT Crowd is on my top 5 comedies of all time.
  • I was scared to turn BrickSync off while it was in blmaster-on mode... Last time we did anything while blmaster was off... it went back and completely re-wrote over every change we had made in BL... thousands of parts VANISHED. I was afraid with BS stuck in blmaster-on mode, turning it off, and then back on would do the same thing with the 10,000 parts we just uploaded, and the 150,000 prices we had just changed.

Thank God... BS is smart enough to know if it is running in blmaster-on mode, and you shut it down, when it comes back, it knows to STAY in blmaster-on mode till you type blmaster-off again. So none of the 10,000 parts uploaded or 150,000 price changes we did were lost.

BIG-ASS GOLD STAR for @DadsAfol B) :p :D
  • And now we have an issue with here with BO. Unfortunately that one is not fixed by quitting and restarting Bricksync.
  • Unfortunately we had a network attack earlier today, which meant we had to put the server behind a firewall, and disable the old IP. The DNS can take some time to propogate around the world, usually we would leave the old IP up for 24 hours but we had to immediately disconnect it due to the attack.

I can only recommend trying to restart your computer, or possibly even your router, and if that doesn't work, you would just have to try again in a few hours. It should definitely be resolved within 24 hours.
  • Restarted everything here and no joy, guess I will have to take the hit and close the store until resolved.
  • @vegitt Would you be able to send a screenshot of the actual error you are seeing? Just to I can confirm that it is the DNS issue and not something else
  • Hi @Lawrence , ive also tried what you have suggested and still have no joy.

WARNING: Failed to connect to server, trying again shortly...
    ERROR: Too many connection errors, giving up.
    WARNING: Failed to resolve missing BOIDs, use the owlresolve command to try again.
  • @lawrence on inital Bricksync startup the following appears

WARNING: Failed to resolve missing BOIDs, use the owlresolve command to try again.

Then on the standard check interval it gives the same message that BrickPickersUk listed.
  • @Lawrence same issue as @BrickPickersUk ,

Thank you for your help
  • Also to add, my own software to keep track of orders etc is also not able to get anything from the API service.
  • I've confirmed it's not DNS, I'll get this resolved soon.
  • @BrickPickersUk @vegitt @Maraxette That should now be fixed, I've confirmed with a new copy of BS. You'll need to restart the app, and possibly computer/router
  • Confirmed, works now, just had to restart BS.

Thanks @Lawrence another example of the exemplary admin service here
  • It works now after restarting bricksync.
  • Was about to report this myself but can see it is already in hand, thank you.

The level of swift action/response and active communication on this site is staggeringly good. I'm not even concerned by the fact you mentioned the site suffered a network attack because it's so obvious you are on top of things and that is very comforting.

@Lawrence thank you for all that you and your team do :)
  • Just restarted Bricksync and it is working now. Thanks for fixing.
  • Just perfect, thank you @Lawrence
  • Same here. Exiting blmaster mode still wasn't happening, but did a full shutdown and restart of bricksync and it is now working fine. Thank you very much :)
  • It is working again after quitting and restart :wink:
  • Worked here after a restart of BS.

Brilliant support and service here as always. Thanks.
  • BO is very slow today and I'm receiving lots of BrickSync errors:
    - failed to connect to server, too many connections
    - BrickOwl is flagged MUST_SYNC for deep synchronization in 285 seconds.

What's going on?
  • @Leftoverbricks It was very slow this morning, but our metrics are showing it's been fine since. Are you still experiencing issues on the website?
  • @Lawrence

Alls well in Tennessee thanks! What was the attack about? Just random? Or someone with mal intent?
  • I did a ipconfig /flushdns in command prompt then restarted BS
  • sample, do image files work here?
  • Lawrence, it's working fine again. Thanks!
  • It isn't a MAJOR problem, but I can't get the checkprices command to work - get this error on 9 parts and then it gives up. Entering the location URL directly gives a reasonable table of prices.

==== HEADERS ====
    HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
    Server: awselb/2.0 Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 10:09:38 GMT Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 126 Connection: keep-alive Location: https://www.bricklink.com:443/priceGuide.asp?a=P&viewType=N&colorID=11&itemID=122c01&viewDec=3

==== DATA ====
    <html>
    <head><title>302 Found</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>302 Found</h1></center>
    </body>
    </html>

==== END ====
  • I think this has something to do with some changes that a while age were made (by Bricklink) to the lay-out of the priceguide.asp webpage, so Bricksync expects the price to be at a certain position, but it isn't there at that position.
  • Hello
    Does anyone else have issues with access BO in Bricksync?
    I've got below message:

WARNING: Failed to query BrickOwl user details, store name and currency are unknown.
  • Nope, all working here. Just did a "sync" and everything is fine.
  • @kezany I've seen that when my internet connection is slower than normal.
  • No issues here. Do you have the errors just now, or longer time? Quit en restart BS, most issues will be resolved by that
  • Hello,

Turn off/on was done before the post ;)
    For some reason I have good Wifi signal, bandwith also ok, but seems slow to Bricksync (and for some other applications as well), thanks for @firestar246 the hint.
    When I switched on hotspot on my phone and connected my notebook, BS became ok.

Thanks for all replies.
  • Lawrence:
    Brick Owl has been migrated to a new, faster server to help us handle the increasing customers over the past few months. For BrickSync users, or any API user that caches the Server IP, please restart BrickSync so it will connect to the new server. We will keep the previous server for at least the next month to allow people time to do this.

I saw a brief message when I refreshed an order. Ran to my server, no errors, but that seems correct.
    How do I know if my BS is connecting to the old or new server?

Byt the way, good news that it's getting busier and busier and that you are handling that very well.
  • You will know if it's connecting to the old server, as every time it makes a request, a message will be saved to your account telling you this. You will see this message when you open any Brick Owl page. The message will keep reappearing until it's resolved.

BrickSync won't show any errors as we've not disabled the previous server.
  • Hmm, maybe I was very fast restarting BS then, because I saw the warning only once. After that I opened a few other BO pages, but did not get the warning. Only after that I restarted BS.

Would be very nice if you give a message upfront when the old server will be shut down so we can watch BS for it :)
  • @BrickFreedom
    Now I’m going to have dig out the old dvds and watch the series again 😂