Pretty sure we are the smallest US store on BrickOwl :)
This is our Active Cart number today- going nowhere
The Dashboard is such a rich resource for information- However, this metric, with the current new buyer traffic, has become meaningless,...unless managed differently.
We would like to know how this metric can be used and manipulated better to give sellers, mostly those with greater sales volume than us, a clear picture of what is being loaded and considered to buy so that all can use the information for logistical planning.
thoughts?...

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That would be a great feature. Some ideas include letting us see which carts are there, even for "market research". Or maybe letting us send reminders after some time has passed to cart-owners, with possible discounts (just like most big retailers do).
  • At first I thought the same, but now thinking of how annoying it is when big retailers remind me I have looked at something or left something in my cart, I think the same applies to BO. If I wanted to buy it I would have bought it, I don't need someone hassling me, and that's what an email is.

Knowing what's in potential customers carts is not much use either as it's only on what's actually sold that you get any useful information on what sells. YMMV.
  • ^As a buyer, I agree with this sentiment. I have about 50-60 open carts right now, with nowhere near enough money to buy them all at the same time, but eventually I work my way through them. Getting 50-60 reminder emails would be a major turn-off...
  • That figure is really just for interest, it doesn't serve much purpose and should not be relied upon for anything. We will certainly never send cart reminders or allow viewing of carts or contact customers about carts.
  • Thank you, @Lawrence. If this is just for interest, the ever increasing number of Active Carts reflect how BrickOwl is engaging new LEGO buyers- that is Fantastic! Because it "should not be relied upon for anything" leads to a new question of what should be done with this number on the Seller Dashboard. Should it be removed- maybe replaced with something different, like number of Active Carts for your store that resulted in a purchase?
    For @Oldfan - would you be willing to use a "Save Carts"/"Discard Carts" reminder. The current landscape of BrickOwl includes a lot of new e-commerce buyers who make carts on our very effective Catalog Cart or the Buy Part option but may not have cycled back to abandoned carts.
  • ^Every 3 months or so, yeah I could see that. Daily or weekly reminders would be a pain.

Don't discount the fact that my seeing your store name in my Store Carts list is a (no-cost) reminder for me that your store exists, and that I had a good reason for adding things to that store cart at one time, and that good reason might result in a sale at some point...just sayin'...
  • As I understand it the number is only the carts created or amended in the last week so it naturally refreshes. It just shows activity of potential buyers and it's rise of fall is of interest as it is. I would not like to see it removed and would never want reminders sent to cart holders that's a huge turn off for buyers IMO.
  • Users could use open carts to keep tabs on favorite stores