Any chance for uniform colors photos

I sell on multiple platforms and Brickowl is starting to drive me crazy with the way it states the color of pieces and the way the parts show in photos. White can look grey, black can look grey, light grey looks dark grey...
I realize I can read the color for each part, but when I get an order that’s 200 parts most of them dark grey and a light grey thrown in the middle, of the picture color doesn’t properly depict a difference in color, I quite often miss it.
This isn’t a problem I have on other platforms as they mostly have color matched photos and then a color key next to the description so it’s super easy to see what color the part is supposed to be.

Any chance for an improvement here? It would save quite a bit of time and money for those of us that deal with large orders of grey, black and white regularly.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you go to your store settings, and then to the order setting, you can enable colour swatches there which should help with the issue
  • Thank you both for the comments. I have had turned on the swatch color and will give this a try to see if it helps.
  • It doesn’t help that much, it’s too small. I’ve got into the habit of reading the colors carefully, especially with white black and grays. It would be much better to take an uncolored piece and fill with the uniform swatch color. I don’t think that’s possible tho
  • I always read the color when pulling an order, It's a good habit to get in!

As we've all learned sometimes there is a part that is dark stone gray but the image appears medium stone gray or dark gray, etc. I've seen this in LEGO-provided part images, even... especially with some of the transparent colors vs. opaque glow-in-the-dark, etc.

With the variations in people's video cards, monitors, etc., I would posit it's simply not possible for any platform to display colors exactly as they would view in real life... and that doesn't even begin to get into the variations of stickered parts, where all of us have cameras that take images in various light settings, etc. :-)

I had no idea about the swatch option here, that is pretty cool! I feel safest though sticking with reading the color title as I pull... it takes a split second, your eyes are already on the item anyway to view quantity, and it ensures 100% accuracy that way.

Just my respectful two cents to toss in! :-)
  • There's no way to tell light grey from medium stone grey just by looking at an image. Or all the various pinks, old and new. I think I have four different aquas in stock not to mention about 10 other different blues. It's a dangerous game relying on images. I completely agree that all medium stone grey pieces should look the same colour, but as they come from a variety of sources it's just never going to happen. Better to change how you do things than hoping all the stars align.
  • @hoddie, heck, I have a hard time telling medium stone gray from light gray for some parts holding them in my hands even, lolol!