Is it possible to put orders on hold?

edited April 2020 in Features Vote Up1Vote Down
I have a few international orders that are overdue because postal services between Czech Republic and many countries have been suspended due to Coronavirus outbreak. My dispatch time is 1–3 days but most buyers decided to wait in hope that the problem would be resolved in a foreseeable future. Nevertheless I received an automated warning that some of my orders were overdue. The warning was persistent (and annoying) so I had to change my dispatch time to 2–5 days to make it disappear. I am aware that it only postponed the problem and the warning will be back with vengeance.
So, is it possible to put orders on hold (or bypass the warning) since neither me nor buyers want to cancel?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Unfortunately not, I believe after the order is overdue by over a week it will disappear.
  • ^^ @Lawrence can you elaborate on that please? Does that apply even if the order is 'processed' - and what happens to any payment?
  • edited April 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Lawrence OK, is it possible to disable the warning by introducing "I understand" button and make the order not disappear after a week? I am afraid buyers won't come back once I (or the system) cancel the order.
  • @Hoddie my apologies, I mean the warning will disappear, not the order!

I'll have to have a think if there's something we can do. As we don't have a system for hiding warnings, or putting orders on hold. The warning is purposely annoying as historically having overdue orders is a serious issue, but I understand at the moment this is a common problem.
  • I forgot to mention, to prevent new orders coming in that you cannot fulfill, you should update any shipping methods to disable shipping to those countries.
  • Sure, but the list of off-limits countries is being updated hourly. Even some EU countries, like Italy or Estonia were added a few days ago, so I updated my shipping methods. And then, France joined the club next day.
  • @Pikka Sensibly time to close down international shipping for the time being? With things changing the way they are, you have no guarantee that items you have sent in good faith will arrive before the receiving country closes down postage receipt.
  • edited April 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @White Horse Bricks I've just ordered something from your store to see how ordering from a store closed for international shipping looked like. It seems it's still opened, so disregard my request for quote, please. :)
  • No problem, I did see the quote come and then go again.