Question for sellers: large shipping boxes?

Up until now I shipped all my sealed sets in reused Lego shipping boxes. These can be used in multiple heights (by folding flaps, are big enough to have a big set and padding, are very sturdy and are available in two sizes. Unfortunately, I have used my entire supply pf these types of boxes and I need to buy some others. I can't seem to finds sturdy ones in that size. What do other stores use?

I need a box that is at least 65cm x 50cm x 30cm. Most of the boxes I ship are sealed bigger sets (modulars, technic etc).
Does anyone have any tips?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • FWIW, I buy all my bulk shipping boxes on Amazon. I only buy the smaller ones for the Star Wars action figures I'm selling (10"x6"x4" or 15"x10"x6", etc.), but I'm sure they have larger sizes as well. Watch out for the cardboard thickness, otherwise good luck.
  • If you ship primarily sets, you may not be interested in used at all, but for the budget-conscious, a few ideas:

If you are in the United States, Craig's List always has local folks getting rid of boxes from moving that you can obtain from free to super-cheap - and many of those are large. You can always cut down the height/depth as needed for the typical LEGO set.

You can also reach out to local grocery and big box stores and ask if you can obtain their used boxes (we always did that when moving, and always got a lot of large, free boxes that way). You may even be able to work out a regular deal with one. Similarly, you can cut down the height/depth as needed.

Lastly, we buy so much general stuff from Amazon between our store and our home, we just keep the boxes we receive from them for shipping and reuse them to ship our larger orders - customers do not seem to mind that at all. Same with chewy.com, whom we get regular dog food shipments from (when buying large dog food bags, you get the absolute PERFECT size box for shipping most LEGO sets). If you or friends have pets and buy from them, reach out to them for boxes? :-)
  • Once Lego stores are back open if you are near one, you can ask for them and they will give you some from the back. They just get recycled.

Tyson.