Request Picking List Mod 2

The other is to help reduce picking errors, particularly in the monochrome "colors" White/MSG/DSG and Black, some of the pics render color far from "real", this could be resolved by adding a column with a dot or square of each color so that the color renders uniformly across all parts, independant of the image.

Throughout the years the lack of uniformity has been the cause of 90% of (my) errors - due to the variance in hue of the actual image, for example DSG sometimes looks Black or sometimes MSG.

This would very helpful if possible

Thanks!

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I will second that. A color block as shown in the color overview in the catalog would be immensely useful.
  • +1. Already caught a few mistakes at the last minute. Different shades of MST and DSG were the culprits. Of course we could actually read the text but sometimes we just look at the image...
  • Great! But the dots look really ugly. Please provide a separate column, put colored boxes in them and make sure there is a black border around the box to clearly see that a part should be white.

And regarding the other thread about people disliking the colors altogether: make the order overview customizable.

• that should do it - a column on/off button with dots or squares or something - honestly the 4 orders I picked before they went it was REALLY useful and speeded up picking greatly!

As this is primarily an e-commerce site, function and aids are more important than looks IMMHO...
  • They are only needed on the "picking" view.
  • Now back to the same problem, an order of Blacks and Grays - all rendered differently some MSG looks black, or DSG and even white!
    Some DSG looks Black or MSG

• To achieve this could you add a selectable "box" like the temporary checkboxes in order settings?

I would like to go a little further with this venture, if so I will need a "helper" then any aids to make it easy to obtain accurate/quick order picking would be greatly appreciated. This is a one issue I cannot sort - without you adding the function.

Cheers Graham

• **bump** PLEASE consider adding this - it's only getting more difficult with images being added with varying and poor color tonal quality - my pics included.

This is an aid to speed up picking orders accurately NOT something that should be inherently "pretty"

Thank you, Graham
  • In the interest of having something rather than nothing, I have made this an option for now with the original swatches. You can enable them in the order settings.
  • I missed the first iteration of these. This is definitely helpful, thanks.
  • Looks great Lawrence, thank you!
  • Thank you Lawrence! "A happy chappy" here :) it saves several minutes on a large lot order.

Graham
  • We are seeing some odd printing behavior on the dots. They sometimes print as a blank circle overlaying the picture. It looks fine on screen for the print preview though. I'm going to try to print to a PDF or something to capture it. Otherwise, its a great addition.
This discussion has been closed.