How do I find duplicate lots?

I am across both platforms. Use BrickStock to add inventory, which is exported to BL whilst in BL master mode. The verification shows everything correctly, yet after each upload I get up to 20-40 duplicate lots. I assume this must be a bug with BL, and likely won’t get anywhere with support. Or am I doing something wrong?

SO my question what is the easiest way (if there is a way) to display duplicated inventory items and then consolidate the lots into one?

The only way I can see is to download my inventory into BrickStock, make the changes, then delete my inventory and upload the new file. But that would cause me to fall foul of BrickOwl terms of “deleting large portions of inventory”

Anyone? Thanks in advance

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you found them in BrickStock couldn't you then search for those items in BrickOwl and correct?

It is however a good question on how to find them within BO. I'm interest in the answers others will come up with.

Tyson
  • If you're using BrickSync you shouldn't be making any manual changes to your inventory here on BrickOwl. Unless you've marked some lots here with a tilde (~) which BrickSync will ignore.

If you're sure the duplicate lots don't exist on Bricklink, and you don't have any lots here marked with a tilde, a sync command on BrickSync should resolve any discrepancies.
  • If you want to see the duplicates on BL then go to your inventory, in the search options there is a "Non-Unique" option, select it and press go. All duplicates will now be shown.

Take a close look at the comment field of every duplicate, most common issue is that from lot to lot they are different and in those cases BL makes a new lot for the same item.

By the way, this looks like a full BL question and was better asked in the BL forum :)
  • Thanks much for the responses. "Non-Unique" is an odd way of calling duplicates! In all the years I never new what it did!
    So most of the duplicates were caused by BO having some mold types differentiated, where BL doesn't, guess that must have happened when I used owl2bsx last year.

At least I have extra time to clean things up at the moment
  • The main issue I thought I had is something else that yes belongs "over there"