Bricksync Problems - duplicated inventory

Hi. I have been updating my BrickOwl inventory using Bricksync and my Bricklink store. Lately Bricksync seems to be duplicating inventory, in both my BrickOwl and Bricklink store. When I ran it today, it added items to my BrickOwl store, that have not been in my Bricklink store for a couple of months.

I deleted all the backups folders, but the problem still occurs. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks,
Mark

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Do you use blmaster to update your inventory?
  • Something's gone wrong somewhere with the master inventory held by BrickSync. It either wasn't aware of an order (or orders) received on BL, or you made inventory changes directly on BO/BL that it wasn't expecting.

As you've deleted your backup folder you can't really resolve this without doing it the hard way. Process as follows, step 3 is what will take time.

(1) Open BrickSync and wait for it to do its thing
    (2) enter blmaster on
    (3) Go to BL and make sure your inventory there is correct
    (4) Go back to BrickSync and enter blmaster off
    (5) BrickSync will now make sure its master inventory matches your BL inventory, and will then propagate this to BO

Or:

(1) Close BrickSync if it's open
    (2) Go to BL and make sure your inventory there is correct
    (3) Remove and reinstall BrickSync
    (4) Run BrickSync and let it copy your BL inventory to BO

All three inventories should now match - the master one held by BrickSync, and each of those held on BO/BL.

For future reference, when using BrickSync, any and all manual inventory updates must be made directly using BrickSync, or in BL but only after temporarily entering blmaster mode on BrickSync.
  • Wow. Thanks for that.

I was updating inventory in Bricklink without using blmaster. So once I have this resolved and I want to update inventory, I can:

1) Run Bricksync (I don't usually leave it running but maybe I should), wait for it to finish, and enter "blmaster on" on the command line
    2) Update Bricklink
    3) Back at the command prompt, enter "blmaster off"
  • Exactly that. Any other method and BrickSync doesn't know your inventory has changed, and if it notices those unexpected changes, will work to reverse them.