BSX Upload Not Recognizing Stockroom

We have a bit of a mess... It appears that Brickstore doesn't recognize stockroom items. Possibly because I use the A/B/C version rather than Y/N. Anyone else seen this problem, and figured out how to solve it?

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would suggest that you download your stockroom inventory only as an XML file and open that with Brickstore. Set the quantity to 0 and do the bsx file import/upload option.
    I initially tried setting the stockroom option in BrickStore but that did not seem to work.

• Yes, I noticed that a while back. I thought it was something I'd done (I create my own BSX files independently of BS), so didn't mention it at the time. I had to delete my entire BO inventory and re upload from scratch to resolve. Since then I always exclude any stockroom items from BO uploads/updates.
  • FYI, the BSX import on here doesn't have any code to handle stockroom either, I didn't see the tag for it in the test file I have.
  • A stockroom item will have the following tag in a BrickStore file:
    <Stockroom/>
  • How do you go about generating a file in Brickstore that would include that tag?
  • edited December 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Right click on the column headings to enable the stockroom column and then you can just double click this field to set it.

You need to make sure buyer/collector mode in the view menu is unchecked otherwise the column is not available.
  • Upon further research, Brickstore only supports the Y/N version of "stockroom", not the A/B/C. Here's what the BSX looks like. So if you use A/B/C and have non-zero quantities in your stockroom(s), you won't be able to sync using Brickstore.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE BrickStoreXML>
    <BrickStoreXML>
    <Inventory>
    <Item>
    <ItemID>11062</ItemID>
    <ItemTypeID>P</ItemTypeID>
    <ColorID>11</ColorID>
    <ItemName>Lamp Post, 2 x 2 x 7 with 4 Base Grooves</ItemName>
    <ItemTypeName>Part</ItemTypeName>
    <ColorName>Black</ColorName>
    <CategoryID>143</CategoryID>
    <CategoryName>(Other)</CategoryName>
    <Status>I</Status>
    <Qty>0</Qty>
    <Price>0.817</Price>
    <Condition>N</Condition>
    <Stockroom/>
    <LotID>45126494</LotID>
    </Item>
  • There is an issue with BSX import and tiered pricing. I reported it to Admin via email.

I created an Excel program to read BL XML, and reformat it to BSX. It deals correctly with stockroom. If you are having a problem syncing via BSX, you are welcome to download a copy of my Excel file and try it with your inventory.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85844483/BL-BO Inv Converter.xlsx

• Both issues are now fixed I believe.
  • Lawrence, you might want to revist this. I uploaded a bsx file to BO and it made all of my stockroom items available for sale. I sold some stuff here that I don't have available. If possible, I'll take it out of my personal new stash otherwise I'll be refunding part of the order.

Brian
  • Brian, do you use A/B/C stockrooms? The problem is in Brickstore doesn't recognize that - BL added it after BS stopped being updated/supported.

• @DagsBricks could you email me the file to the address in the contact page
  • edited December 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Jason, yes I use ABC stockrooms. I would have figured that BO would load the parts but then uncheck the "For Sale" box for anything that was in stockrooms. Maybe more of a kludge than a fix but would have been helpful in this case.

* Edit: I checked the bsx file and it doesn't even regard my items in the stockroom. So apparently it's on the BS end. Does anyone know if there is a setting to not download stockroom items? That would solve my problem in this case.

Brian
  • There is not an option in BS. You can use the BL download though and manipulate it (see my Excel model above).
  • Anyone have a current way to convert from BL XML to BSX? The link above to script isnt working.