Sheltering? Show us what You're Building!

Truly not "Business as Usual".
Many Users here are builders and we would really like the distraction of seeing what you are putting together right now!
We are going to post our pics of Farnsworth House (21009) in a Fabulous re-envisioned way, for a solar-powered Southwest Retreat Home, a nod to our comfortable home now and previous here in Tucson (Count your Blessings every night when laying your head to a pillow), later on this thread- thanks to those sellers who have enabled buys! We just got back from San Antonio where we saw firsthand the economic disaster unfolding that this is having on the Marginal. Search Steven Hilton at Fox- we talked to the people he is talking about. We walked the Riverwalk- it was ours exclusively, saw the LEGO stores lights on and buckets for cleaning the Pick A Brick Wall, and talked to restaurant owners who have recently laid off 40+ employees, saw the devastating affect to those who were reliant on tips or on the job that is dependent on commercial traffic for cleaning, serving...Our prayers have been adjusted to those folk and their families who are now hardest hit by economic shut-down.
Show us what's going on in your Shelter!

Comments

• 27 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @One_Click_Off looking forward to seeing your pics! Hope you and your family are doing well.
  • @GalaxyGirl , Thanks! and hope your store is doing well!
    What are you building, compiling these days?
  • Hello,

Was this like a question to everyone to show, what they are building at the moment? Or did I misunderstand something?
    Thing is, that I have been working on a City scale project for almost half a year now, but I am still "developing" it...

With best regards,
  • @One_Click_Off I have been working on a case for my minifigures and I built something a while ago to hang on the wall, but I want to see if I can space them out better. So I got some lego tape and I'm getting some bracket pieces delivered (soon hopefully) that will act as individual stands for each of the figures. I'm also trying to conceptualize a way to build a lego carriage. I have two carriage sets from Harry potter (75951) and I kind of want to make a two horse (or in this case Thestral) pulled carriage that is a bit bigger, maybe two levels.
  • @P6tu really admire you for your ability to do a City project! Awesome!
    @GalaxyGirl knew you had to be up to something creative for your minifigs- hope the two level, two horse come out as you plan.

Ours is not a MOC- Very thankful to the creator of those saguaros - just what we needed to "plant" 21009- Farnsworth House in the desert and then add a couple of features- maybe need to add a a wall of water on the covered patio...
  • Farnsworth is adorable, @One_Click_Off! I love the water wall idea, you should totally do that!
  • @One_Click_Off Wow! I really love it. I love the cactus plants. Very nice!
  • Uh, sorry to dissapoint you. I think I was not precise enough. I'm building a city scale truck (6 studs wide minifig compatible etc). Did some pictures, but it is not finished yet and there are many shortcomings of that custom set.
  • For some reason I can not upload pictures...
  • @PhilFT Really diggin' your color flow and combos- had to spend a while on those photos to just see the use of elements (unexpected) especially the gold half-pyramids in your castle- super brilliant impact!
    @P6tu Truck?- Yes, please!...second icon past your image here is a "browse" link for a pic from your device
    Thanks @Calibrick and @GalaxyGirl -again, not a MOC like we usually do but truly had to bring this "Happy Place" together this week. Now, no more procrastinating- on to the Venice shorefront restaurant MOC...
  • I knoiw the button, but it fails to upload... Don't know, maybe there is a limit to the picture size or something. I uploaded the pictures to my website:
    http://www.classicrent.eu/Lego/IMG_20200325_112224.jpg
    http://www.classicrent.eu/Lego/IMG_20200325_112312.jpg
    http://www.classicrent.eu/Lego/IMG_20200325_112517.jpg
    http://www.classicrent.eu/Lego/IMG_20200325_112847.jpg
    http://www.classicrent.eu/Lego/IMG_20200325_112917.jpg
    http://www.classicrent.eu/Lego/IMG_20200325_113316.jpg
    http://www.classicrent.eu/Lego/IMG_20200325_113523.jpg
    I'll will make better pictures and a description, when I get it finished.

When speaking of it, then how do you get yourself a building instructions? When I get the thing finished, then I'd like to share it in Rebrickable... I do use the LDD program, but it has loads of stuff missing so the instructions from that program are not adequate...
  • I also forgot to add, that there are two additional trucks to that theme. One is like a tech support truck with long boomcrane and the other one is like a laboratory kind of truck with bike... Haven't built them, but I have the pieces in the bags with ~50% missing so no point of creating those frames...
  • A friend and I wrote down on note-cards different things to build ex: (a house using only 500 pieces), and each week we will (digitally) draw out a card and then build it. (try it! It keeps you entertained and you can set a time limit!

Fun building!
  • @P6tu We're still apoplectic from those pics so far
    Yeah, work with image size options- we pick medium pixal sizes- when sending to your device to then be able to load here- and choose a MOC builder to follow on Rebrickable- same problem it seems that many have and so their own pdf instruction sets downloaded because of the limitations of LDD.
    @PhilFT Fun fun for working with parts on hand!
  • The only thing I have time to build at the moment are the shelves in Tesco to take all the extra toilet rolls we are getting in :D :D :D
  • Edit- oops! wrong word- looked it up again-didn't mean "apoplectic" I guess, more like overcome with AWE- @P6tu
  • @PhilFT ,dig the bridge (reminds me of the LEGO Masters episode recently <g>), but really like the castle and the color scheme you went for. Great use of the Pearl Gold triple slopes!
  • @P6tu, love the interior details to the trailer (always a great touch), though I have to say the chopper is my favorite! Nice design!!!
  • @One_Click_Off
    Aaah, I already started thinking that were the Pictures really that bad, and also started to think, how to make it more playable and usable. There are things that bother me... My 7y old son likes that set the most. It has a lot of action features and if I allow him to play with it, then I concider it my timeoff and thanks to this build, he is eager to make his own truck desing too :P.

So about the features:
    - glow in dark lights on all vehicles (including trailer, but missing at the moment, should be at the rear sidelights and at the front sidelights)
    - trailer and truck are fully equipped with lights (front lights, highbeams, turnsignals at the back (in front of the truck), reverse lights, and license plate at the back of the trailer and truck)
    Truck:
    - Winch
    - full set of tools at the back
    - independent "suspensioon" at the rear (still polishing the system)
    - easy accsess to the drivers compartment
    - handrest with cupholder
    - fire extenguisher
    ATV:
    - metallic chain for pulling stuff
    - rear light (still thinking of how to make it more textured without obstructing the chain accessability)
    Helicopter (actually from a Lego original set 7686 with just some modifications and upgrades):
    Trailer (front to back):
    - equipped with sidelights from front to back and at the top corners of the cabin
    - Locker for a set of tools
    - resting and study cabin with two custom plants, PC, cocoa machine, clip holders for camera and etc, bed for 1, drawers with letters, boombox, table with a lamp and PC, extenguisher, ceiling lamps (all easy to Access by opening the roof)
    - latter to access the cabing with two fullzise doors
    - a dingy with a very simple build
    - stands with metallic chains to fix in either deployed or extended positions
    - floodlight at the bottom for the stands (not visible tho)
    - crane for lifting the dinghy and ATV from the trailer
    - a drill for digging (after all, it is an exploration truck
    - clips for heavy tools
    - lowbed location for ATV (want to redesign it to hold a Lego default shipping containers)
    - crane for lifting bigger stuff like shipping containers (4 x chain part is missing, I'm still working on minimizing it to be more in scale)
    - a cupboard with drawers for extra tools
    - a cupboard with door for ATV helmet
    - third fire extinguisher
    - controller pad for cranes on one side and a pressure gauge on the other side (I know, not logical, but I'm still thinking on how to place them to be on the same side)
    - two clips for cleaning equipment
    - bed for helicopter with landing lights
    - helicopter blade fixing chain holder location
    - fully independent suspension (also still working on it to make it less wobbly)

I am concidering to redesign the helicopter cocpit to be more of a custom build and to be fully closed, but I need to keep in mind the available space. I do not want to extend the trailer, because it would make it too long - it is quite long already as it is. I also want to add a front licensplate, but I'm still figuring on how to make it visible and reasonable (behind the bullbar there is a location, but it would be "hidden").

@Calibrick
    Thank you =). Sorry to dissapoint you regarding the chopper design not being an actual custom. Just a Lego original with few enchantments...
  • No disappointment here, a good-looking LEGO is a good-looking LEGO (and it sounds like you tweaked it, which makes it your design in my mind! <s>) It's like baking - the reality is most of us start with a similar base cake recipe, it's the mods to personalize the flavors that makes that cake special. :-)
  • @brickadoon it looks fantastic! Love that you took the pics outdoors, gives that subtle "realism" to the initial images with the greenery in the background! :-)
  • @Calibrick I'm remote working for the foreseeable, and as it's rather pleasant in the UK this week it seemed a shame to be stuck indoors :-)
  • Well I certainly can't show you as they're both in mid-build (and they're off-the-shelf, so not really worth sharing <s>), but currently working on the Bugatti and (thank goodness they reprinted it!) the new Yoda sculpture.

Totally stoked they reprinted Yoda - I was going to part him out a few years back but with all the sand green colors, the price to do so was more than I was willing to invest. :-)

What are you all assembling right now?
  • @Calibrick We've just bought two of these for parting out - seems a shame not to build one first!
  • Awesome!!! (and yes, I would totally build one first too! <g>