COVID-19 update from the Big B Bricks Team

Friends,

To help you keep your sanity while on lockdown, our store will continue shipments for as long as USPS allows. We will continue to shelter in place, as we have been, as your safety is our concern.

In this time of international uncertainty, if one thing can remain a constant, it will be my 11 am front door mail pick up. I understand many of you use LEGO as an aid and we want to ensure you have your therapy. Worldwide shipments will continue but will be limited to one shipment daily instead multiple and on demand as was the norm.

We have not and will not be having any additional interactions with the outside world and will not be adding new elements to the store that have not been quarantined for 20 days, 5x the recommendation of new health guidelines (96 hours).

Additionally, all elements added to the store in the past four weeks were in our possession and in our storeroom prior to the outbreak. We have been placing all new stock that has arrived over the past few weeks in quarantine but have not yet added it to the physical store.

We may have joked previously but we are taking this and our customers wellbeing very seriously. If you are in a susceptible group, please quarantine your package for 24-36 hours per new health guidelines but know that the sealed contents will be safe. The world is a little crazy right now but we want you to know that any LEGO that comes from us has your safety and wellbeing in mind.

Play well, be safe and just keep bricking and we'll get through this together.

- Big B

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • A thoughtful note to your customers, Big B, thanks for sharing!
  • Thank you @Calibrick, we know there are a lot of LEGO fans that also have compromised immune systems and we wanted to make sure they would know we were taking this seriously and had been listening to the advice of doctors and scientists. You know, the people that understand and have studied this stuff.

- Big B
  • Roger that, BB, I am one of them (on immune supressants). :-) Have been watching the scientific reports on how long the virus lives on surfaces, but this is all so new, there is nothing near a consensus yet... the two reports I read (one Danish, one American) had very diff results, though I believe ours (American) only looked at how long the virus lives on plastic/paper in terms of being strong enough to infect you, whereas the Danish one looked at the virus being alive, period - so it makes it hard to compare.
  • So difficult to compare which is why we are being overcautious and set our quarantine time for anything coming into the store to 20 days, 5x the period stated for plastics.

We don't want you, or anyone with a compromised system, to get hurt by this.