Is your store not shipping overseas?

Just that really. Are some stores not posting overseas? I have tried to order from 2 stores in USA and they are not shipping overseas. Is there something I am missing here? Obviously I know about this awful virus but have i missed something?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • A lot of US stores don't ship abroad because of the high shipping charges.
  • The current situation may be impacting sellers. I know I've seen in other forums that many have stopped all shipments to Europe. I believe this is due to different mail carriers having to stop shipping to such countries due to cancelled flights. And similarly, some EU countries cannot ship to the US at the moment (for example, Norway I think was the latest one to restrict shipments outside of EU countries). For us in Canada, I think most of us are still shipping across the world, but international buyers should expect delays.
  • USPS seems to be still shipping overseas. I'm warning my EU customers that a package might be delayed due to the reduced amount of flights overseas. Postal service packages normal go into the cargo bays of passenger flights. As there are no passengers flights, I expect huge delays there.
  • Ah right for one awful moment i thought i had missed something!!
    Tell me about reduced flights my poor daughter saved up for months for her holiday to Lanzarote and within hours of arriving there was a lock down and they are not allowed to go out of hotel. The weather is awful, raining and cold and she hasnt a clue when her flight will be :-(
  • Aww I'm sorry @WESTIEKATH. We were just in time to cancel a few things, else I would have had my brother stuck with me and my wife stuck in Australia. Crazy things. Let's hope it's all over soon.
  • I'm sure different sellers have different reasons why they are removing shipping methods at the moment. I decided to remove overseas shipping as a way of avoiding the post office to limit exposure. I've also removed parcel shipping within the UK for a similar reason but think I may be able to reinstate that with something like Hermes collecting from home or something similar
  • Today I closed my store for international orders. The reason for that is that I'm having lots of questions from buyers: where is my stuff?
    The corona crisis is effecting international mail because small parcels and letters usually are transported with passenger flights. And those flights are being cancelled.
  • I am not. I really hate to restrict choice to buyers, but there is no point sending out packages when I don't have faith in international flights delivering them in good time.
  • I decided the same @White Horse Bricks exact thing.
  • @WESTIEKATH, I do not normally ship overseas (I'm just too lazy to do the extra shipping paperwork, to be super honest), but if my store has items you want and you don't mind likely slower-than-usual shipping due to COVID (I think tracking ends when USPS puts it on a ship or plan until your royal mail picks up tracking), I'm happy to create and run a special order/lot for you via Brickowl - https://calibrick.brickowl.com. Just let me know! Note, I only accept PayPal.