small mark on parts??

Sorry cant think of another way to describe this. I am finding 1 small circular mark which appears to beon parts mostly hair. it is a perfect circle lighter in colour but then a tiny dot in the middle of the lighter part and seems to be exactly the same on many of the hair parts. If it was a better light I would take a pic. Has anyone else noticed this please. I just find it strange that they appear to be exactly the same. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say :-(

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hmmm @Aladine now I was wondering this. Strange isnt it. As i mentioned it is on quite a few parts>
  • We have encountered the "pip mould" as well on mostly white minifig headgear- tends to discolor faster, collect grime..call it what you will. In addition, the longer tiles have a shaded pip mark that makes them look old when new- so much so that we have photographed our collections of those tiles to show the shaded "? reverse pip??" for buyers to let them know there will not be a uniform gloss to 1 x whatever tiles...
    Thanks so much for bringing this up, @WESTIEKATH ! :)
  • I didn't really understand the mold pip for a long time. Added a load of bananas one time as 'acceptable' due to a small nick on all of them - turns out it was the mold pip all along!
  • @Jay37 same here - been adding hair as acceptable because of this 'pip mould' :# I really noticed last night when adding some hair and realised the same thing was happening time and time again. Too late for the ones I have already listed but will know in the future.
  • @One_Click_Off - have noticed it does appear to be the lighter shades. Another mystery solved - thanks for your help all :)