What is “ Dark Tan Dinosaur Blue”?

I sold one and appears to be dark tan and sand green.

Also why is it not in animals rather than “mini build”?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It seems to be called "Dark Tan Dinosaur Blue" because "Dark Tan Dinosaur" is referring to color and "Blue" is the name of the dinosaur. and I agree with you as to why it is not in animals. I sold one a few months ago myself, and was wondering the same thing.
  • I wonder if it's in minibuild vs. animal as parts in the animal category are individual parts vs. assembled items? The assembled dinosaurs I sell do break into specific parts that fall under the Animal category. Minifigures have their own category so they kind of evade that issue... just my guess? Can you think of an assembly that falls under a regular category and not minibuild (I'm trying to think of one and not succeeding off-hand, but many of you know LEGO waaaaaay better than me <s>).
  • Animals are 1 piece, other "animals" are assembled in minibuilds. I would suggest using the new tagging to tag minibuilds that are animals as such.

Tyson.
  • So, how do you guys sell those multi-piece animals: like individual body parts, minibuilds or "it depends"? For example, I have three mammoths, rather expensive stuff, that I sell as minibuilds. If I sold them as body parts and someone decided to buy tusks only (which are rather versatile) I would be left with three sets of trunks, heads and bodies which are of limited use and harder to sell. On the other hand, I sell simpler minibuilds like crocodiles or sharks as individual body parts.
  • Never heard of a “Blue” designosaur!
    @Pikka i always sell the complete thing, including sharks and crocs. For the reason you gave.
    Now the complex “animals” such as the fantastic beasts “birds” i part out.
  • @Graham Guess you aren't a Jurassic Park fan, 'Blue' is Chris Pratt's main velocoraptor that he trains and comes to his aid in the movie. Named Blue because of her blue tinge.

@Pikka Haven't sold any Fantastic Beasts yet, but the dinos sell very well.
  • I do love the dinos... I sell as whole builds also (though I occasionally run across the odd arm, claw, or leg in a box of parts I buy, in which case - I sell as parts! <s>