popular stores list

i seem to bring this up each year; and so i do again this year

the popular stores list; how is this calculated, is it based on number of orders, value of orders, speed of orders; in what time frame is this defined, a day, a week, a month; is it a combination of a lot of things

I see the list at present has quite a few shops which have millions of parts in them ( i would love to see the storage for these stores ), but nicely at the top is a shop from the UK with a lot less parts than millions.

I think it would be nice to see how the calc is derived and then we can all strive in our own ways to get onto the popular list and therefore the landing page for BO

keep up the good work on this wonderful platform, and hopefully one day people will be saying brickowl and not bricklink as the defacto buying/selling platform for lego ( as long as lego themselves don't want a big chunk of it ).

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I believe there's an algorithm based on page views and orders, but beyond that I can't be much help. I believe, like you, there are probably more factors involved but I don't think they've ever been revealed in greater detail.
  • Gotta admit, I'm a bit curious too, but honestly I know I'll never be on it as my volume is so much lower compared to others so wasn't too worried about it.

It would be interesting to know though - I have to assume it's based on order volume at least in part?
  • .. we found a thread on this from 2015, but nothing confirmed as to the algorithm used. Maybe for the best, but the curious sw developer part of me likes tk know these things.