Increase Of Sales

When BL was bought by Lego, they didn’t start making changes until the start of this year, but now that they have, there has been a major increase in sales BO. ( good for us, bad for BL sellers)

Comments anyone?

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • According to the site admin on the other site the sale also increased sales there, my sales are steady on both sites.
  • Wildly (and wonderfully, since we donate 10% of all sales to charity) my sales have skyrocketed since mid-to-late December - I doubled my biggest month ever last month, and this month is on track to double last year's February also. I'm having a challenge keeping up!

What is new is I'm starting to see more MOCers (my guess) at my store... 400 of X item, 300 of X item, and so on...
  • Since the start of this year, I've started getting more orders on BO and less on BL. Before that, I was getting about 75% of my orders from BL and 25% from BO. Now I'd guess it's about 50/50. I'll get 3 on BO in one day, and then the next day I'll get 3 on BL. I know I'm a smaller and newer store so it's hard for me to compare, but I have definitely noticed a difference.
  • and me :-) I have best 3 months ever. I wondered if it was part due to my feedback score rising (although I have to be honest when buying i dont look at feedback). Anyway who cares my store is small and I am enjoying supplying customers with what they are looking for ;)
  • Steady growth on both sides for me. I believe it is a combination of reasons. LEGO Master Builder TV series, LEGO positive in the news multiple times (environmental developments, best company to work for, company still focussing on bricks&mortar, etc etc), the purchase of bricklink in the news making people aware of the secondary markets, and then there is the annual peak straight after Christmas into tax season, where people build and expand on what they received for Christmas and here in the US spend their Christmas gift money and gift cards.
  • Ahh, LEGO Master, I hadn't thought of that - maybe the fond memories are coming in (combined with tax returns for earlier filers in the US). :-)
  • @Calibrick we have also seen double our sales on both sites over the past 3 months. We have brought on a part-time employee because we can't handle the nearly 300 orders/month we are receiving between the 2 sites. We aren't sure if it is increased exposure or if it is because we increased our number of items listed for sale or a combination of the two.
  • It's been crazy here. I had been planning to try to spend a couple hours a day helping with catalog pictures, but can't even do that do to surplus of orders. Two, sometimes three, of us working every week day all day and still just barely keeping up.
  • Just as another data point, I'm seeing no significant increase on this side of the pond. So maybe LEGO Masters is the main "culprit".
  • @Wild Bricks first of all, thanks so much for your shipments that come in "seal a meal" packaging- it is a great blast from the past- makes us go "Ahhhhh" Remember you saying on the forum earlier that you had 10 (maybe more) active carts on a Sunday and thinking Monday morning was going to be crazy processing orders...but then nothing. Ergo- Hope you have upvoted our post about Flags for buyers. Super fantastic that you are flourishing! Your shipments to "ours" have been well-received- Thanks for the inventory additions!
  • @One_Click_Off so happy to hear that our investment in time is much appreciated. We have cut down on missed/incorrect items by 90%.
  • The previous pic was for someone who didn't want their doors scratched as they needed them for a specific build. This one is more like what we normally do.
  • @Wild Bricks I was scratching my head, thinking "How did he do that?". I have a vacuum sealer but it can't make such complex patterns. Then I found this instructional video titled "How to make a plastic sealer from a solder". Do you have a similar device?

• @Pikka that is pretty awesome. I did actually start out with a vacuum sealer, but realized mine wouldn't get hot enough to actually melt anything hence the reason it had sat in the back of my cabinet for 15 yrs. You can find what we use listed under impulse heat sealer online. We removed the handle and have practiced lots to be precise and quick with packing.