Automatic Shipping Quotes not showing for Items with Complete Dimensions

Hi All!

Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere (I searched, but couldn't find it). I recently uploaded to my store various shipping methods so that a quote would automatically appear next to the item that I am selling. I thought it would be better for sales, rather than having buyers requesting a quote. However, I noticed that for some of my minifigures, even though they have all of their dimensions and weight entered in, doesn't have the automatic shipping quote next to it on the selling page. For example, LEGO First Order Officer Minifigure and LEGO Mandalorian Warrior Minifigure.

Is this a bug? or am I missing something in my shipping methods set up? I see the automatic quote working for most of my parts and the other minifigures. It just seems like it doesn't work for a select few.

Thanks,
GalaxyGirl

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Would you be able to give an example of an item, and the shipping method you think the system should display for that item? I can then look into that further
  • Yes Sure! Please see Images attached. The images "Shipping Methods 1" and "Shipping methods 2" are what I currently have enabled to offer buyers quotes for shipping when they search for a particular object. So, if I understand correctly, if the part fits within the dimensions of what I have set in my shipping settings then it will associate a price for shipping that fits within the weight limits that I am showing in my "Shipping methods 2" (I have different costs set up for USA, but I'm only using one company Canada Post). Currently I am only mailing to Canada and the USA.

All of my parts and only a few of my minifigures are displaying my Canada Post shipping option for Canada on the buyer tab of the item. For example, please see "Kylo Ren Minifigure with Shipping visible" and "Obi-Wan Kenobi Minifigure with Shipping visible" Images. This means that if the person who is buying these minifigures are from Canada then there shouldn't be a problem. But if that person is from the USA, then the shipping rate will change slightly when they put the item in the cart and select on shipping for their country.

And... If you look at the images labelled "Shipping quotes not visible BOID 249587" and "Shipping Quotes not Visible BOID 51104", these are examples of the quotes not showing up, even when the minifigures have completed dimensions (length, width, height, weight). Another example is with the "Lego First Order Officer Minifigure BOID 719573 Complete Dimensions" image that I have uploaded. This is potentially a problem because I have read in other posts in the forum that there is a tendency to purchase if the shipping rate is already displayed versus the buyer having to "request a quote". Also, some stores have their rates already visible, whereas, even though I set up my shipping methods, my rates are not showing for many of my minifigures. Again this doesn't seem to be a problem with parts. Just the minifigures.

I hope I explained things well. Thank you for looking into it for me. Maybe I'm missing something in my shipping methods setup.
  • So it looks like your shipping methods have a limit of 18mm and 20mm, both those figures are 18mm, so the shipping methods won't apply to them. you may want to create some more shipping methods, or possibly adjust your limits with that in mind
  • edited February 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Lawrence fixed it and it works! Thanks so much. One more question.

Would my shipping rates from the states show up instead of the ones from Canada on the buyer tab of the minifig selling page, if the person shopping has listed their shipping address for the states? Or would it be still showing my canadian rates until the person checks out and selects USA as a shipping method?
  • The shipping country used in the catalogue is based on the country the user selects from clicking on the flag on the top right of the page