Design ID edits not being recorded on my profile under Catalog Contributions

Hello All!

I'm new to this site, but I saw that there are some benefits for helping to edit the Brick Owl catalog. As I was uploading several of my items for sale on my store, I noticed discrepancies in two of the lego brick Design Id numbers. I hit edit and I clicked on "add new design ID number" (it's the one that shows up on the bottom of the lego piece) and I wrote a description of why it should be added in the comments section of the form. Then I hit submit.

It's been a few days, but on my profile under Catalog Contributions (where I believe the points are recorded), my two submissions are not showing as being received, nor are they undergoing "pending" review, and I don't have any points. These would be my first two points if I did things correctly.

It seems like there is a three stage process: 1. submission, 2. pending, 3. points earned. Does it take a few days for the submission to go through? Or will all edit submissions appear there as soon as they are submitted, but before they go to the pending process?

Thanks for your help!
GalaxyGirl

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Did you happen to see a "Thank you, your submission has been recorded" message bar at the top of the screen after hitting the "submit" button? If not, you may wish to re-submit in case the system didn't record your action for some reason. Otherwise you should be seeing some activity in your profile (although I've noticed that the numbers don't always add up in the various columns...). It's my experience here that the catalog edit approvals process gets done in batches, so you can expect no updates for a few days and then suddenly everything gets resolved overnight. When in doubt a quick message to @Lawrence usually answers all my questions!
  • Yes! Sorry I forgot to mention that. I did see the "Thank you, your submission has been recorded" message.

@Oldfan Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep my eye out in the next couple of days to see if things have changed.
  • In this case, your submissions helped to identify an issue, so we rejected the design_ids and used an automated system to ensure they're now added to all of the relevant items automatically.
  • Shouldn't the points be rewarded in this case? Maybe a new line for discovered issues :)
  • @Lawrence I second @BasKrie's suggestion! Perhaps, you can give me some points for discovered issues instead? :)
  • Unfortunately that's not something that we'd be able to do, but not to worry, I'm sure you'll pick some up soon