Sellers: How Long Does UK Post Take?

I'm wondering how long it can take for packages to arrive in the UK? I shipped a package on the 13th and tracking stops in Chicago.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=LZ+313+977+345+US

My customer is asking for a replacement order, which I can't do completely since some of the items are out of stock. How long should I wait before taking action on this?

Enoch

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In my experience, one to 4 weeks. What's not a good sign though, that tracking number doesn't yet work on either the Parcelforce or Royal mail tracking websites. Often, the tracking can stop on the USPS website once it leaves the US, and then you can use it on either the Royal mail or Parcelforce website depending on which service it was sent by, but that would indicate it is still in the US. As it has tracking, are you able to contact USPS and ask why it is stuck in that facility?
  • 1 to 2 weeks for me. I have had packages delivered in the UK with no tracking info after leaving the last US sort facility. Tracking on First class international items is very hit and miss unfortunately.
  • When I was in the UK, orders from the US took up to 6 weeks - the culprit is UK customs.

I never had an order go missing**(below) so I would wait it out as long as you can.

If you used USPS clik and ship you should have "e del con" which if Royal Mail/Parcelforce do their job properly SHOULD show when it arrived, however my experience with postie/parcelforce in UK is that they rarely (if ever) bother to scan or get a signature on items from overseas.

**On one occaision an order a large one, insured and signature required was left outside a house on the wrong street (parcel farce), the resident found it on return from work on her doorstep - fortunately she was more than decent and spent some time locating me.

… and folks think Italy is bad!