BrickSync on two computers?

Ive search for this answer so i apologize if this has been answered.
I have 2 offices and i would like to run bricksync on 2 comps. I have no problem on one of them, but on the other it loads as if it will pull the inventory and then just disappears......no error, nothing, just gone. What gives?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Oh I would not attempt this. Why would you need it to run on two? Just keep one computer on and only run it on there.
  • The idea of BrickSync is to keep your inventory up-to-date when using both BL and BO. If you run BrickSync on 2 machines, they will both do updates. For instance, if an order is placed on BO, both machines will see this, and both will then remove inventory from BL. You can end up with inventory subtracted twice etc. It will be a mess.

Niek.
  • You need to understand that BrickSync keeps your master inventory, not BL (or BO). It can't do this if you have two versions of the software, as each will be attempting to keep its own master inventory - and they won't match.

This is a guess but I think you can probably run it on two machines by keeping the files on a USB key, but this carries risks such as forgetting it when going to the other office, etc.
  • OK Thats sound like a plan and good advice. Its no problem im at one office more than the other anyway. So i need to delete it from the one that is running now, and add it to the one im at most often, but it wont load.....like i said it just disappears. Could it be firewall, internet protection(which i tried to disable)? Im fairly good with this kinda stuff but no matter what i do it wont work......I may just have to remote into the other comp. and use it that way.....anything else i can try?
  • Do the two offices have different IP addresses?
  • That may be the issue but I would expect it to throw up an error explaining as such.
  • I have the BrickSync folders and files on my OneDrive (previously on Dropbox, worked the same, see https://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/comment/29687).

Advantage: you can run BrickSync on every computer where you have access to your cloud storage (not simultane, but 1 at a time). So if I notice the standard computer has stopped working and I'm not in the office, or BrickSync as crashed, I can continu with the most recent BrickSync-files on any other computer with an internet connection.

Most important is to not start a 2nd instance of BrickSync if it is already running somewhere!