Flesh color names

Those that are on both BO and BL may have noticed that flesh colors have now been changed to nougat. This resulted in the following changes: 1) Flesh -> Nougat, 2) Medium Dark Flesh -> Medium Dark Nougat, 3) Light Flesh -> Light Nougat. This has made 1) and 3) consistent with names used by TLG, but 2) is now an own name again. The question would be what BO intends to do?

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Aw heck more confusion to add to the confusion I already have with some colours :# ;)
  • I said it in the BL forums and I'll say it here: IMO we should all use the same color names as TLG, even if those names don't seem to make a whole lot of sense. Better than the confusion we all can have shifting from one naming convention to the other. I also realize that with all the color history in AFOL-dom that this is not a realistic proposition except maybe over the long term.
  • @Lawrence

What say you? I’d hope you will agree to make the same change... please.

@Oldfan

100% agree
  • I gotta say, I started with BL as a buyer, got used to all teh color names, bailed on BL, moved over here and relearned some color names. It wasn't that painful, just a bit of time to get used to it.

I'm all about consistency though - if LEGO has official color names (which they do), I would be fine with going thru the temp pain of relearning the color names here. It's just good sense! :-)
  • This page exists for those who don't know:

http://brickowl.com/colors

But I agree, it would be nice to see the official Lego colour names displayed more prominently - perhaps when mousing over the BO colour names, much like the other tooltips on the site.

I don't want the official Lego colour names to actually replace the ones currently being used, because many of them make no sense and/or would cause serious confusion.

Green would become Dark Green for just one example. Fun.
  • I strongly vouch to get everything in line with the official Lego color names as well. All software works with color numbers and not names, so the change shouldn't be that drastic or impactful.
  • I was against changing the names on BL, but since they went ahead and did it, I feel BO should change them as well to help with consistency.
  • @firestar246 Just because BL did is a poor excuse. We did that with adding headlight variants and then they switched back.

LEGO color names are very poor in my opinion, however I see the benefit of aligning them with TLG. However the color chart should be sufficient. Perhaps just making it more prominent is all that is necessary.
  • I can get behind that, Leopard (just making it display more prominently vs. actually changing).
  • I don’t see a need to change all the colors. Before “flesh” the only inconsistencies were the grays, and in that regard I feel “MSG” and “DSG” sound better than “LBG” and “DBG”
    Flesh is troublesome due to the number of other “flesh” tones throughout the world, and I feel BrickOwl should follow the change made to those colors for that reason.
  • Medium and Dark Stone Gray are more correct too, because Lego also had a Light Stone Gray which BL ended up referring to call Very Light Bluish Gray.
  • Oh changing mentally from bluish gray to stone gray was my toughest transition when I came over here - but I got there! :-) (and do prefer it actually)
  • Back to the “flesh” issue @Lawrence please consider making the change here to LEGO names. Thanks.
  • @Lawrence Just kicking up an old topic because I'm wondering if the flesh>nougat change is still in the works.