Bricksync & Raspberry Pi

I have been trying unsuccessfully to run Bricksync on a Raspberry Pi. Does anybody know if it is possible?

I have the RPi4 and I have tried Raspbian with a 64bit kernel, Gentoo 64bit and various others. However, whenever I try to run BrickSync
I get the error "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error".

If anybody can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • hi do not know the exact answer for this, maybe you can try to ask the question on stackoverflow ?
  • Having done some more research I think the source code will need to be compiled especially for the raspberry pi.
  • Compiling the source for the Pi would have been my suggestion. Will you share your experience with that, as I am considering doing something similar? Thanks.
  • I have been trying to compile it but it’s throwing up too many errors and I don’t have sufficient knowledge to solve them.
  • Hey, im not sure if this is of any help but if you are wanting to run bricksync on something other than your computer (so you dont have to leave it on) I run mine on a microsoft azure computer on the cloud. I just chose the cheapest one they do as its only running bricksync. Runs amazing and costs me around £6 a month.
  • Exactly the same I'm doing @Brick-n-it

One advantage of this approach is that the internet connection is more stable than my home connection.

My cost comes to just over €10 a month, thinking of trying Amazon AWS to see if it comes out cheaper (it's almost impossible to know the cost of one of these cloud solutions ahead of time).
  • I’ve been keeping a look out for a secondhand 64bit pc stick that I could install Linux and then the pre-compiled Bricksync on as another solution.

I have never used the cloud solutions so I shall have a look into that too.

Thank you all for your responses.
  • Thanks for the tip on Azure... I will have a look at that this weekend. Currently I have an old mac mini running, but I bet it uses more than 7 dollar a month on power...

Azure is easy to set up?
  • It seemed pretty straightforward, but i used to work as an IT engineer. Its worth giving it a go. My internet is terrible at home so i couldnt do without it.