Medium ornage rendered parts

The medium orange colour used in renderings in the catalog is way off from the actual part colour. Is there a way of fixing this.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could you give an example of an item with a badly coloured image. We have a few different kinds of renders on the site.
  • Ah, okay, unfortunately I can't "fix them" as such because they come from Lego like that, you could submit photos for them, and I could change the code to put them as the primary image for medium orange items. I must admit I don't actually know what that colour should look like in real life.
  • it's a bit more 'yellowish' orange. I'm afraid, if you don't have both colors side by side, you would take the medium orange for orange (I keep one of each apart for identifying, otherwise it's impossible to make correct listings).
  • The colour you use in the little squares against a part in a store is much more like the correct colour
  • I sure wish LEGO would open source their 3d parts files. It's never going to happen of course, but there's a lot of interesting stuff the community could do with them (and no, not 3d printing - that would be very naughty!)
  • I once read that the brick produced in most different colors is 2x2 Duplo..., we've been collecting (and using) them for quite some time now..., and indeed many color variations..., maybe use this as a base offset for (future) color discussions?

...A (high qual) photo is made of the widest selection of 2x2 Duplo Bricks available, (neatly stacked and labeled). If you then have a part in an unlisted color, you submit a photo to the admin with at least 2 color items, (1 that matches the Duplo pic (like red, or black, or "standard" orange) and the unlisted item. The submission gets "judged" and either approved or not....

I realize it would be hard to judge from a pic, and would not cover everything but it's a suggestion/start.... (For example: Flat Silver against Pearl (light) Gray in Bionicle...)