sick of new customers saying not recieved

this site is going the same as ebay no customer are being vetted as I have never seen so many customers saying onr when all stores are honest send orders out

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • How do you suggest BrickOwl vet customers?
  • In the US, using PayPal for shipping provides free tracking (which is a huge help), viewable online for both the customer and myself... is there something comparable in the UK, by chance? That may help mitigate a lot of the issues with buyers stating non-receipt. I'm unfamiliar with UK post, so have no idea if there are similar free or cost-effective options available to you. I've only had a statement of non-receipt (polite note to me via BO) once in 1000+ orders - and fortunately, our US postal service actually found it within 24 hours once I opened an investigation. I'm sure that's the exception vs. the rule, but it was a very pleasant surprise for me and my customer.

I do respectfully agree with Hoddie's comment - BO merely provides an online server and hosting, it is not the site's responsibility to vet customers. It's kind of like asking Etsy, Wal-Mart, or any sales site on the Internet to pre-vet buyers in some manner - I don't think it's feasible.

You may be able to block first-time buyers from your store in some manner as a business decision to attempt to decrease your risk, but you're also blocking a lot of prospective great business that way too (I continue to be surprised how many customers are first timers on BO).

I hope things improve for you, lisa, and that you can find a less frustrating solution!
  • In the UK we have signed for (which if memory serves is about 50p extra on top of standard postage rates). This is not a trackable service per se but you can log into the Royal Mail website to see if it has been signed for, and therefore delivered. Tracked is the more precise option, covering all stages of the delivery, but this is about £5, so I imagine not really workable on an order that might be of low value. Not sure about other couriers as I only use the Royal Mail.

Like you @Calibrick I've only ever had one order reported as not arriving (sent overseas) and any domestic delays have been down to seasonal reasons. I assume all orders arrive OK unless I hear otherwise!
  • I am a UK seller and I have only had a few orders fail to turn up in over 4 years.
    Two were Russia - one of which was returned by customs for no reason (all documentation was present) and one to France which actually went to the right address but the customer had not changed their address on PayPal and on that occasion. I had used PayPal's/RM's online shipping option. With the customer's help, we managed to get hold of the package - it was a great result.

The vast majority of my orders are first time customers whom I trust until proven otherwise.
    I don't know what criteria a site like this could apply to vet potential customers or even how that kind of software could be implemented?

Obviously tracking and Signed For options are expensive when compared to package contents.
    For a customer, the item to post ratio has to be worth the additional costs.
    I almost always (99% of the time) get proof of posting. I can confirm that the process works in regards to claims up to £20 and you pay no extra for this protection.

OP: You don't mention how many ONR's you have or have seen.