Carts not making it to checkout

I've watched the number of open carts in my store grow to 11 but nary an order. When I've gotten an order lately they've been kind of small. Would y'all mind taking a look in my store and see if there's a glaring turn-off that I've missed?

Thanks for helps.

Brian
http://dagsbricks.brickowl.com

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The main store specific thing is usually broken payment or shipping methods, but they look okay to me. I think unfortunately it is just the nature of the site at the moment that stores with a wider part selection tend to get more/larger orders at the moment. I expect this will improve over time.
  • Brian,

First thought is opening up to some more countries.

Some of my nicest orders have been from China, Russia, Indonesia ....

It looks like you have the shipsurance list of countries or less to me on a quick glance.

I tried to put Hogwarts castle in my cart and it tells me you have no shipping method for that. Looks like you only have USA for request a quote. Once people fill a cart past your weight limit there is no function to get a quote without asking you to change policy.

You have shipping prices set up, but in terms say you may add insurance for large ones. That would confuse me how you would do that if I have instantly paid. Larger by size? Cost? Why if I pay you for a large order can you not cover the 1.5% or so instead of me?

Personal notes;

Not enough rareish coloured technic bits n beams, this what I am collecting most these days.

I tend to avoid stores that are set up "only by paypal rules/ insurance costs not included" as I *feel* like some of my freedom is stripped and I have to work for the sale instead of the seller. The tone I see is if anything goes wrong it is my fault, you are not interested.

Hope that's not more than you wanted for feedback :)

Joe
  • When I had 8000 parts I was having more turnover than I am now. I figured it might be seasonal but wanted to see what else I could refine. I'm trying to get wider but it's hard to add inventory without sales.

I do only ship to the Shipsurance countries. I tend to trust their judgement and I've read about enough issues with other countries that I'm playing it safe. I had Russia on my list until Shipsurance dropped them. I don't think they dropped them without reason. And yes, I'm not sure how you as a buyer would opt to add insurance to your order so I've pulled that bit and will just opt for it myself if I feel I need to.

I also tried to strip out some of the draconian language or reword to make it friendlier. I was trying to set the tone of "If something goes wrong don't automatically assume I'm the culprit. I'd rather help you work on a solution instead of dealing with your Paypal claim as well." I guess adding too many caveats has an unintended effect.

I've also revised my shipping options so you should at least be able to ask for a quote on Hogwarts now. :)

Thanks for the input Joe, that IS some of what I wanted to hear.

Brian