Minifigure identification

What is the best way to identify minifigures that have been bought from bulk sellers? Most of my mini figures have had their heads, torsos and legs interchanged many times and also have had their hands and arms interchanged or removed (which I have, just need to reattach). Or do I just sell them in bulk and take a big hit in profit? Thx

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could try goatleg.com - it allows you to to search for decorated parts (including torsos) by entering colours for arms, hands and torso. It links into BL's database and is pretty useful. May not be much use if the arms and hands have been swapped though!
  • @drchaz, I've been through exactly this twice. In my case, I used "brute force" - I started with the most unique items such as decorated torsos or more unusual heads, found them using common sense key words based on their decor, then determined which configurations they come in using the catalog (e.g., X torso comes in 9 diff minifigs), then figured out what I could piece together from there. It sucked rocks... but both times for me, it was worth it - had a lot of rarer Harry Potter, Star Wars, and older minifigs that made all that time and pain worth the research.

I definitely found it was easiest to start with the decorated torsos, as those tied back to more limited minifig lists then many of the heads.
  • Thanks for your comments