Buyer asks to Cancel --Advice needed.

So I have this order history from a 0 feedback Buyer:

Order History:
14 Dec 2019 20:59 Status Change - Payment Submitted (xxxBUYERxxx)
14 Dec 2019 19:20 Order Placed

And today 19 Dec 2019 buyer asks me to cancel.

Should I report an issue "Buyer hasn't paid" and cancel the order or just cancel the order without reporting it?

@Lawrence what is the protocol here?

(I only ask because Buyer changed the status to Payment Submitted which seems a bit suspicious and would like to warn others.)

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you haven't picked the order, then I would just cancel the order from the more actions drop-down
  • The order was picked because the status change to "Payment Submitted".

But I can just cancel all the same.

Just want to know if there is any protocol?

(BTW @Lawrence, any chance to have a new additional "Picked" status before "Payment Received" status?)
  • Why would you pick an order before actually receiving payment?
  • Unfortunately it happens - maybe the customer found them cheaper else where or they can find more items they need in another store (hence not having to pay double postage). The only thing to do is refund - I do make a note on order in case it happens frequently. I know it can be slightly annoying but there is little as stores we can do about it. It has only happened once to me and the buyer was extremely apologetic - we all from time to time have changed our minds about something we have bought or are going to buy. We have to honour the customers right to cancel.