Suggestion: Add a new seller inventory view that allows inline-editing

Hi folks! Please upvote this (on the main forum message list screen), if you support this.

It would be helpful - and a lot faster for data entry - if an additional seller inventory view was offered that displayed **one row per listed lot** and offered INLINE LIVE EDITING, including the major fields of (order unimportant):

Image | Category | Condition | Color | Quantity | Title/Name | Personal Notes | Public Notes | My Cost | Sell Price | Current $ Average | Current Minimum $ | Current Max $ | Last 6 Months Average (and so on for the Brickowl pricing history)

And make the fields modifiable (show/hide), remembering the user's settings each visit.
And lastly, allow you to reduce the number of lots displaying through a "search" function that actually decreases the display as you type content, e.g., what you see when searching "all orders" in My Store.
Then you could edit these live - kind of like errr Brickstock-ish in a way.

Have an "add a new lot" option which maybe splits the screen like it does for editing the catalog, so you can search for the item and add it to your sales inventory, which then pops it into your list when selected. You then modify it as appropriate.

This would significantly expedite adding new items to our stores, in my humble opinion, at least for those of us used to Brickstock/Brickstore or working in Excel.

Saving should be based on any field change or having a Save button (and a popup when leaving the screen, i.e., are you sure you want to leave without saving?).

Just a suggestion for those of us that like to amend our inventories live in the system vs. offline...

Thoughts, Folks? Awful idea? Great idea? Just something for @lawrence's consideration!

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Awesome idea!! Thanks for all your great suggestions Calibrick!
  • Thanks, @PhilFT ! And happy holidays to you and yours! :-)
  • Great idea! I would also add a column for discount (or not). Setting different sales for different parts of my inventory is tedious and especially hard to remember. It would be nice to see (query) this in a worksheet-like format. Even if it was not directly updatable, being able to generate a query/report would be great. I understand that this is not a trivial request.
  • @pmitch I like that addition idea (column for sales)!
  • edited April 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This is something I began working on today, I'd be interested to hear from other members about how they would use such a feature. That will help guide me on what functionality to include.
    cap.PNG 37.9K
  • Just an update, this is now doing most of @Calibrick's original suggestion
  • That second image is much better than the first one, it is looking great for me.

I might suggest adding 2 clickable icons that would get you to the catalogue page of the item and to the advanced/history inventory view. (or does clicking the image sends you to the item page?)

Or better if you hover the last sold date it displays the history data table...

Thanks!
  • I am just LOVING this!!! Sorry I've been so quiet on this all week, have been swamped between my day job and the store. :-)

I ditto having at least a clickable catalog page link using the item title, or what not (so then I can go see my history of the part, etc., if I need to easily).

Would it be too big an ask to have some kind of indicator that there are non-shipped orders that have that part tied to it? (I don't mind going to another screen to see what it is, just an indicator). For me, I'd use this a lot for inventorying, and that indicator becomes important as if someone has 10 in a processed cart, I'll know my inventory verification count should be 10 less than what I have on hand. :-)

But regardless, I can think of many ways this will certainly make my life easier! @lawrence remains awesome!!!
  • @Calibrick I did wonder where you had got to :smile:

I'll put on the development list to add a row for "in orders". I had hoped to get this out the door already, but it will probably be next week now as I keep having other stuff to attend to.
  • love the upcoming changes, will certainly help to update the stock a little easier .. i think its mentioned above, but could we see an indication of items in baskets ( maybe not qty ), focuses the efforts in those areas for stores which don't stock 1m parts .. thanks @Lawrence for the great site.
  • Wow the new tool is amazing! Great job.
  • @Hoddie Thankyou. I should clarify, the "Add" tool is different to the "Manage" tool (that isn't released yet). The "Add" tool was actually made a few weeks ago, but it didn't have a color picker so I hadn't announced it as it wasn't very useful without it
  • I'm happy to say the inventory management page has now been made available, in a beta form. You can try it out here https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/inventory/manage

The idea was to make a sort of "BrickStore in the browser", so you can relatively quickly find/update inventory, make bulk changes, and add multiple new items.

Although this offers similar functionality to the current "View" normal inventory page, we won't be retiring the current page as they work in quite different ways so both have merits.

Everything should function except saving of the form settings. I'd be interested to hear feedback from stores
  • I will definitely give it a workout tomorrow, my "add as much new stuff as I can" day! :-)
  • Wow, you are on fire implementing suggestions!

Having a BrickStock similar visual functionality is the great!

We would need time to try it extensively, thanks!

PD: I know the site is centred in the same design, but for this tool it would be great to use all the wide screen possible. I attached a screenshot of all the empty spaces at the sides.

Also the pop-up item details starts too low and is cut by the screen, maybe you can make it start higher? It can be dragged up manually, but it only remembers its position while on this page, if you enter it again it opens as the screenshot attached.
  • @Stellar Thank you. The pop-up has terrible styling, but I've got that centered. I meant to add a maximise button but I had forgotten about that, that has now been added
  • Looks amazing, the expand feature really helps. Only issue I've encountered is not being able to sort by Current Average or Sold Average.
  • Oh thank goodness re maximize - I was hesitant to raise it as I assumed the forced width was to ensure compatibility with everyone's screens/video, as well as mobile. That is AWESOME!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.