Be EXTRAORDINARY- leave Feedback! Let's make it "Ordinary"

Let's take our Community involvement higher at this pivotal time and work on Community Acts-

Buyers: mark orders "Received" ...and, Sellers feast on your feedback! Many are leaving you feedback that accelerate your numbers to let others know you have been a great customer. Now is the time to review your Buys and leave these Sellers the feedback they deserve.

Sellers: routinely and completely leave feedback for Buyers.

This is a Site without Issues- let's communicate that with our feedback!

Comments

• 36 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I totally agree. feedback given by sellers is very poor.

I alway's give feedback if order is marked as received.
  • I leave all my buyers feedback immediately but only get a small percentage leave feedback in return. Hardly fair when you have provided a very good service to them.
  • It won't be anything more than forgetting, unfortunately most forum visits are from sellers, buyers usually show up when there is an issue...
    BUT...
    There is a solution, maybe it isn't something @Lawrence can put in place?, a simple system automated reminder, after "n" number of days to mark "received" and leave feedback.

i am somewhat guilty, I leave feedback in bulk periodically, after order is marked received by buyer, reason being leaving a buyer feedback is really just a "thank you" anyway. Feedback from buyers is far more important due to being able to leave one of three options.
  • Like @BLOC Party I leave feedback immediately upon order fulfillment - I figure the buyer did their part, they paid me and gave me their hard-earned money. But the return feedback % is very, very low - I think I have 286 feedback right now, but have filled 1,222 orders (so that's what, a bit over 20%)?

While I would never, ever want to force leaving feedback, as @Graham suggests, a reminder that could be halted with a click that reminds buyers they have orders to mark received and seller feedback to leave would be VERY useful. And similarly for sellers, if we have not left feedback for a buyer.

And props (as always) to @One_Click_Off for so elegantly reminding all of us of how we can all be good to each other on this site (and help other buyers and sellers in the process), by leaving mutual feedback! :-)
  • I'll wait a little until after the buyer has received their order before I leave feedback. Occasionally there are errors and it's always nice to be able to comment on a buyer's response to resolution. Are they rude and demanding up front, or are they gracious and reasonable?
  • @DagsBricks a fair point - but it sounds like you do leave feedback, which is awesome! :-)
  • We recognize that there is sometimes "writer's block" when giving feedback as a seller. Other than just a "thank you", we try to manage each order individually when we can:

"...and Welcome to BrickOwl!" for the buyer with less than 5 feedback or has arrived recently.
    "...and thank you for being a longtime BrickOwler !" for the buyer who has numerous feedback and been here 2 years +.
    "Thank you for a third order to ..."
    "Fun order- happy building!" for the order where you see where they are going with this.
    "Glad we had the parts you need!" (given for the buyer who doesn't "opportunity buy" you out of all your quantity in parts they are ordering and every other color :o )
    "Welcome back anytime!"
    ...or somesuch...

It is appreciated that some buyers mark their order "Received" without leaving feedback, however, we leave feedback immediately for buyers at the point of processing their order, except in the rare instance where we had to generate a message to discuss something- delivery address, mold variance clarification. Even then, we have yet to have replies at 100%. We go the extra distance we can with all orders to make sure we deliver what was ordered and leave feedback not based on their potential feedback.
  • I'm new to selling here. I have had 26 orders so far and only 1 has left me feedback. It's pretty discouraging, really.
  • @BrickinEasy Similar stats for us at first. Please don't be discouraged. At best, look at it this way: BrickOwl customers are some of the most satisfied e-consumers around! If you haven't heard anything, well, all is probably "well".

Both orders and feedback can indeed be motivating for continuing to list items and engage in your store- If buyers only knew what their feedback would entice us to offer ;)
  • Any amount of feedback is good as long its positive :wink:

I started to give feedback to all buyers when the order comes in, or in bulk if I forget too. I've got a reasonable amount of good feedback given back (20%) but I did end up with up with a couple of negative ones. I did learn from them tho
  • Ah the old bone of contention. I leave feedback for my customers as soon as their orders are processed but less that a quarter leave feedback :/ At first I thought they may not be happy with their order but the same customers are returning so that cant be the case. Of course its up to the customer its their prerogative but it would be good. I did mention before if some kind of points system could be brought (similar to the points we are given when we add to the catalogue) in where people would receive points when they leave feedback or mark their order as received.
    I am afraid we just have to accept that some customers do not wish to leave feedback :'( :'(
  • Based on four of us, above, it appears we're all hovering at around a few ticks over 20% of buyers leaving feedback. I find that interesting, personally.
  • :) We are percolating on that figure also, @Calibrick
    What @WESTIEKATH says of a point system is intriguing but what is the common reward and does that extend or meet anything that Admin here wants? In other words, is an increase in feedback metrics demonstrative of anything tenable for future visits and sales?
    In answer to this: What we feel is that gross numbers seen by buyers of the stores they visit will give them confidence that BrickOwl has what they want and previously satisfied buyers.

Having said this, the lack of feedback is also illustrative of the general satisfaction that all of our buyers are experiencing here at BrickOwl. ;)
  • @Calibrick that is very interesting!! Maybe we have the same customers lol
  • edited December 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Customers who mark their orders as Received usually leave feedback as well. I have a steady feedback rate of 25%, which seems to be the norm here.
  • As an alternative, automatic feedback could be implemented. For example after 6 months, if no feedback has been posted, the number of positive feedback could be increased by 1 (but no actual feedback would be posted)
  • I leave feedback immediately. but get only 10 percent back, I think buyers don't know how.
  • ^ yes! Nobody has a clue that " = a place to leave feedback. That in combination with more one time buyers here equals pretty much nonexistent feedback.
  • Why not go the Amazon route? Only customer can leave seller feedback, store feedback to customer is needless, its just a "thank you" anyway.
    It doesn't really matter how much feedback you get as a seller, its the % positive that's important.
  • @Colorado Bricks and @Graham both have some pretty interesting ideas (automatic feedback after X months and eliminating buyer feedback).

Re buyer feedback, I agree it's almost always pretty needless - I think the only case where it's truly beneficial is when you have an errrr let's say not-so-cool customer (i.e., maybe someone clearly scamming, NPB, someone who's just a truly horrible person with keyboard comms) - but for those negatives, you could also report those to the admin. So that's an interesting thought. All of my buyer feedbacks truly are "thank yous" and excuse to advert my store, is all. Kind of a waste of bandwidth.

BUT when I think a bit harder about it, I have been looking at my top customers this year (putting together holiday greetings) and have noticed some that were pretty regular and then stopped - I find myself looking at their feedback to see if they're still shopping here, so that is kind of useful. But that's a 1x/year thing.

I'm intrigued by the idea of auto-feedback. You can come up with some rules like incrementing the feedback count (with no message) automatically if there are NO BO comms within that x-month period for that order to combat the issue of customers choosing deliberately not to leave feedback (as a response to a "neutral" feedback).

But I do wonder, what if instead if incrementing feedback, underneath where feedback shows by our name on our stores it shows the number of orders processed total? That might serve an equal purpose, which is to really show the public our processing experience? No news is good news to many when it comes to web purchases. I for one don't leave feedback on walmart.com, Amazon (only when I'm unhappy, to be honest), etc.

Just a thought!
  • wow- really love the insights and suggestions above ( @Calibrick , @Graham , @elspanky , @Bulkbrickvault , @Colorado Bricks )
    Okay, so let's turn this discussion sideways
    Let's look laterally at other sites- get into our customers' other experiences...
  • @Calibrick Don't forget you can only leave positive feedback as a seller.

I get around 25% feedback, compared to 70% on the other site. I leave feedback as a matter of course as a seller, but really it's as much a routine of closing off the sale as anything else. I don't even know without checking how much I have now. With so little return rate, it's getting to be a pretty pointless metric.
  • edited August 2020 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Has your feedback rate changed since the last post in this thread eight months ago? Mine remained exactly the same: 25%. Knowing if a shipment has been delivered is even more important, but those buyers who make an effort to leave feedback will usually mark their orders as Received as well.
  • It got a bit worst for me, I am below 22% and I leave feedback at the time of shipping.
  • I have a rate always below 30%, at the moment here at Brick Owl at 29.6%.
    In my opinion the people are tired to pass feedback on online orders. They buy so many things from different source and they do not want to waste time to give feedback. The same is with changing a status. On the other site 80% of my orders have the status shipped, they haven't changed to received or completed.
    Only if somethings wrong, they leave a negative / neutral feedback.

For me it's today very important to see the quantity and kind of negative feedback compared to the complete sales count of the online store. This gives me a feeling if it's a good online shop or if I have to be carefully.
    Yes, its seems that buyers have to be very happy or just mildly unsatisfied in order to leave any feedback :)
    I ship all my orders with tracking number and signed-for delivery. Once the order is delivered, I immediately leave feedback. That way I don't need any further action from buyers' side to see at a glance which orders are still on their way.
  • When I started selling on BO I would wait a couple of weeks before leaving feedback for buyers so that they should've have complained about anything they had an issue with by that time. That came from my experience selling things on Ebay where I wait until the buyer has left feedback to make sure there aren't going to be any issues. Now on BO I do feedback when I mark orders as shipped so I guess I've developed more confidence in BO buyers to be reasonable, but if that came back to bite me I would revert to my earlier approach.
    I would've said my feedback runs at about 20% but I checked it and it's nearly 44%. I was surprised. But then I realised that I've placed quite a few orders in the last few months and the percentage of feedback from sellers is a lot higher than from buyers, although it's not 100%. So that's bumped up my overall feedback score.
    So I realised something I must've known already, if that makes sense, that the feedback that buyers see isn't all about me as a seller, it's also about me as a buyer. And I know it's done this way on other selling platforms. But when someone is buying from me should they just see my seller feedback score? And if that is true then is there any point to having a buyer feedback score?
  • My feedback rate here on BO is 18%. On BL it's 58%. That's a big difference.
  • Forgot to say, I would vote for a gentle email nudge to leave feedback.
  • Totally agree. I always leave feedback as soon as order is processed. Sometimes I wonder if customers are not happy but then they comeback time and time again. Just checked I receive approx 25% of customers leaving feedback - which I have to say is pretty poor. But in the end it is our customers choice and there is nothing we can do about it.
    I too would vote for a gently email nudge :smiley:
  • I don't think the email thing would be beneficial as some buyers might see it as Spam.

I would prefer a number of orders in this Store in the last year display or something similar that shows 100+, 200+, 500+, 700+, 1000+ or something like this.
    @firestar246 Is there a reason why the feedback rate on BL is that much higher than on BO?
  • ^ their system is flawed, and most leave positive no matter what. Tells you nothing really.
  • I will say, with the new FEEDBACK button on the Orders Placed screen, my feedback % has increased quite a bit - thank you, @Lawrence! Still not where I'd like it to be, but waaaaaaaaaay better without nagging buyers (so likely the best win-win we may be able to find).
  • @Pikka , not that I know of.Except that there is a little notification thing that'll tell you that you have x amount of orders to leave feedback for.
    I get 25% feedback on BrickOwl and 61% feedback on BL.

About 3 months ago I started writing "Please leave feedback" on all my Owl order printouts that I included in the package. That has helped my feedback rate on Owl. I don't need to do that with Link orders.

I think it has much to do with the site design. On BL the feedback it right there. On the order page you have a link and a color reminder to leave feedback.

On Owl the feedback is one page deeper. As a seller I land on Outstanding Orders. I have to go to All Orders to see the feedback link. I don't know what the functionality is for a buyer on Owl, but I suspect it is the placement of the feedback reminder or coloring that cause a lower engagement by buyers.

From @Calibrick comment above it seems the Feedback button was recent moved for buyers? I hope that helps.