shopping carts and inventories

if a buyer adds an item to their cart , will it be deducted from my store inventory immediately ? i have been stocktaking and noticed that parts i have just added seem to disappear , is this the reason .

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Parts can take a minute to appear in your store.
  • i listed 2 microphones on wednesday , sold one today and noticed that the stock level was 0 , when i should have one more left , am starting to think that the other one has gone into someones cart , this also applies to other items i have just checked , noticed that i had 8 more wheels than was showing on my inventory .
  • edited November 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    If this is the case, I don't like it.

I periodically go through my entire inventory to verify quantities if things are going really slow. If I see I have an extra part in my physical inventory, I would then add the extra one online to update my online inventory. If it disappears when it is in someones cart, I add the extra piece, then the person takes it out of their cart, now I have to many in my online inventory.

Chris
  • The inventory does not decrease if a customer adds the item to their cart, only when a customer makes an order.